Just how good are ForceFeedBack accessories ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Just how good are ForceFeedBack accessories ?

Just how good are ForceFeedBack accessories ?

I asked a question over in Peripherals about whether a ForceFeed Back mouse existed and was amazed to find that one does exist, thanks to Mephisto. But just how good are FFB accessories and which games make the most use of these things ? DD.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

Thanks!
    You know why I knew about this mouse? I looked for it after trying an MS Force Feedback Flight joystick (with built in examples) in a shop. It was amazing how every effect felt totally different. The hard frequent hits of a machine gun, the electrical buzzing of a laser gun, rotating forces during helicopter steering. Hard to describe, you have to feel it.
    FF steering wheels are really great; my brother's got one. You feel every hole in the street. E.g. in NFS you cross a wooden bridge, and you feel every plank!

------------------
    DirectX-Files... The truth must be somewhere!

...Sounds interesting, it's an area of game playing I have never really thought about until now, I'll have to give it a try, Cheers. DD.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

I think my Microsoft Forcefeedback wheel is bloody great, as it adds a whole new dimension to driving games, being able to feel the road and the force of the wheel going round a corner is quite realistic.

I've read a review of the forcefeedback mouse and it said it was absolute pants, cos its fastened down your very limited. Think its made by Logitech.

------------------
    P3600e@800 with Alpha PEP66
    BF6 Mobo
    CreativeGTS
    Vortex2 sound
    Iiyama VisionMaster Pro450
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

I own a Sidewinder FF Pro and love it but only for certain games. When it comes to shooters, I don't think so, and i really don't think that a force feedback device will come around for use in this are for some time. But as far as sims like Mech and Falcon and the such. FF rocks...

I played MS combat flight sim with a SideWinder Force FeedBack on Monday (my uncles got it, must remember to be nice to him) it was amazing, feel every machine gun hit, you feel the gear retract, everything, it's just amazing. If I had the money I'd buy one tomorow, if you've got the money I highly recomend it

------------------
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows 98
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

I agree with you there Mephisto... all they have to do now is put brake feel on pedal.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information