NFS Porsche Network play
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: NFS Porsche Network play

NFS Porsche Network play

Trying to play on a lan. Can connect, set up game and the other person can join the game, but when I click on RACE, the person who joins gets disconnected. Tried LAN connection and peer to peer with IP addresses. Have played with ipx/spx settings with no luck. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Mary

------------------
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?

Ok, both of you guys have to be running the same version. Do other games work fine networked? I use TCP/IP for NFS PU and it runs just fine. I haven't run NFS PU with IPX/SPX but make sure your using frame type 802.3 and both machines are set to the same network address.

[This message has been edited by LaoChe (edited 09-04-2000).]

Thanks LaoChe,

Same version of the game. Have played the previous NFS game networked with no problem.
    I think the frame type is where I was off. Wasn't sure which one to use. As for network address, their website said to use anything but 0. I have ours set for 1. Will that work? Will try the game again tomorrow & post the results.

Thanks again,

Mary

------------------

Yep, 1 will be fine. Like I said, just make sure your frame type is 802.3 and you'll be good to go.

Let me know how things work out.

Still no luck. Set frame type and IP addresses the same. Even tried setting IP addresses to 19216801 on both computers. Can set up the game & he can join, but when we start to race he is booted out. Same if he sets up the game & I join. Have read all the help files that came with the game & can't see what we're doing wrong.

Both computers are PIII 650. Mine with VooDoo 3 2000 and his with VooDoo 5 5500. Lan is set up with Netgear fast ethernet adapters and 4 port hub. No other problems with LAN. Any more details or suggestions?

Thanks again,

Mary

------------------

[This message has been edited by mawil (edited 09-04-2000).]

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY PORSHE UNLEASHED...EVEN MY FRIEND AND I TRIED IT...MAYBE A NEW PATCH WILL COME OUT

PS : SORRY FOR THE CAPS, MY DELL KEYBOARD IS MESSED RIGHT NOW
    . : [ Cypress ] : .

You know that is weird, EA's web site says to use IPX/SPX but I use TCP/IP for NFS PU. Try getting rid of IPX/SPX protocol and set up your PC's with different IPs with the same subnet mask and see if that takes care of it. I run PU with NO problem on my network.

Thread Information