Best helicopter Sim ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best helicopter Sim ?

Best helicopter Sim ?

For some time I have been on the lookout for a really good helicopter sim or game that involves flying and shooting, stealth missions or whatever and was wondering if any of you can suggest a good one with reasonable graphics and controls as modern as possible so as to take advantage of the graphics ? Thanks in advance. DD.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

That's something I would really like to know the answer to. If anyone can e-mail me when a good game is listed I'd really appreciate it because I don't frequent this forum and I don't know if I'll remember to come back just for that answer.

Thanks
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

I personally love the great old game called SimCopter. Great fun it was. But no you want a game with good graphics and up to date support.

the best helicopter sim is Jane's Longbow II. best one out there...starringmy favorite helo....

------------------
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!

O.K. You may try Comanche-Hokum...it's one of the newer helicopter sims in the market and many people claim its far better than LongBow 2...LongBow 2 is also good although its kinda dated already...Another one is Gunship!! but I think Comanche-Hokum has far better graphics and realism...

In short, its gotta be Comanche-Hokum...You get to fly two of the sleekest and most advanced helos on both sides of the Iron Curtain (is there still such a thing??)...I'm kinda tried of flying the Apache (LongBow) already...

Thanks for the info. DD.

Enemy Engaged is a pretty good one to look into. I have this game and has some great GFX and plays realy well. You can also look into Gunship
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

By the way, the full name of Comanche-Hokum is Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum...I guess me and fx have the same taste as far as helo sims are concerned.

[This message has been edited by Kroblanx (edited 08-21-2000).]

Okay... I'm going shopping for Enemy Engaged.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak.

Okay, I got it!

Let you all know how it goes.

I bought Gunship cos it was on special offer, good game, not bad graphics. Someone sent me a mail recommending a game called Hell-Copter but do any of you know this game and what it is like to play ? Cheers, DD.

Noooooooo, stay away from that game digitaldog. Hell-copter is a old game and what ever you do don't buy it. That is if you are referring to the game I.
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

Thanks for the warning about Hell-Copter, I was told that this was a 'new' game but obviously only 'new' to the person who sent the mail, cheers. DD.

Well... it doesn't work with my joystick! I have to use the keyboard and that really bothers me.

Thread Information