Anybody know what this is about?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anybody know what this is about?

Hybrid View

Anybody know what this is about?

SIERRA STUDIOS AND REWOLF SOFTWARE ANNOUNCE GUNMAN CHRONICLES
    First-Person Action Experience Powered by the Half-Life Engine
    Bellevue, WA (September 1, 2000) - Sierra Studios(tm) and Rewolf Software today announced Gunman Chronicles, a completely new stand-alone PC experience powered by Valve's Half-Life engine. The 3D-first person game is making its worldwide debut this weekend at the European Computer Trade Show (ECTS) in London, England. It is due to ship worldwide this fall.

As the first stand alone release built on the Half-Life engine Gunman Chronicles expands on all the amazing effects and frighteningly realistic artificial intelligence that made Half-Life the undisputed king of first-person action games.

In development by Rewolf Software, Gunman Chronicles is set in the western spiral of the galaxy, five years after a horrifying alien infestation. The adventure leads players to four unexplored planets with an amazing variety of habitats for enemies, features 40+ hours of gameplay, customizable weapons allowing for 32 variations of arsenal, original sound and music, and 30 new monsters to wage heart-stopping battle. In addition, Gunman Chronicles includes multiplayer modes for up to 32 players via LAN and Internet connections.

Founded in 1997, Rewolf Software is a digital entertainment group comprised of artists, designers, and programmers from around the world, who met online. Gunman Chronicles, Rewolf's debut title, is scheduled for worldwide release in Fall 2000.

Sierra On-Line, Inc. (www.sierra.com) is one of the original developers and largest worldwide publishers of interactive entertainment and productivity software. Sierra is a division of Havas Interactive, a global leader in interactive content, and is one of the world's largest publishers of education, entertainment and home productivity software. Its divisions, Blizzard Entertainment(r), Coktel, Knowledge Adventure(r), Sierra(tm) and Flipside.com(tm) are famous for releasing critically acclaimed and award winning titles. Havas has operations in the US and in Europe and is a subsidiary of the French publishing house Havas, part of Vivendi Communications.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Huh? Your post just described what it was about, didn't it?

What do you mean?

Half-Life engine, that game used a beefed up q2 one didn't it !

------------------
    "The More I Discover The Lesser I Know"
    Adrenelin, a.d. 2000
    Adrenelin@Europe.com
    I only support two teams. Wales and everyone else England plays
    ICQ# 91149414
    AIM: AdrenelinY2K1

Yeah but this is the first time I've heard about the Gunman Chronicles; I was just wondering if anyone else had heard about this game.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Isn't Gunman supposed to be somthing like Half-Life 2 or 3? I read that in some previews, I think.

------------------
    DirectX-Files... The truth must be somewhere!

Nope never heard of it, hope it would be as good as HL though, or even better
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

If you want to know more about it...check this: www.rewolfsoftware.com/gunman/

I still am boycotting Sierra... I refuse to buy any of their products after what they did to their employees last year.
    Pentium IV 2.4C Northwood- M0 stepping @ 3.2GHz HT
    Air Cooled w/ SP-94 heatpipe & 92mm Vantex Tornado at 45C
    4x256=1gb dual-channel 2-3-3-6 OCZ PC800DRAM @ 890MHz 3-4-4-8
    MSI Neo2-PLS w/I865PE & SATA @ 4x267=1068MHz
    BFG GeForceFX 5900@485/967MHz = 6284 3DMark2003s; dual-head 21" CRT & 19" LCD

Originally posted by grover:
    I still am boycotting Sierra... I refuse to buy any of their products after what they did to their employees last year.
    Grover,
    what are you talking about? They shut down a place or something?

------------------
    DirectX-Files... The truth must be somewhere!

Thread Information