Extracting game music
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Extracting game music

Extracting game music

Does any of your know how to do this - applications that can do it or something ??

If you are referring to extract audio tracks from cds, you can try Easy cd Extractor.

:-)
    This one is better...
    But in theory, remember, only in theory

Yes... I am talking about games that have the music mixed up somewhere in a big data file. Extracting CD audio is easy

But what kind of software do I need to extract the music from these games ? Any specific titles you know of ?

It's game-specific. If you find a big fan site they might have tools or links to tools. Also, post the game(s) you're interested in here - maybe someone can provide a direct link.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Right now I am interested in the music from Unreal - not UT but the original Unreal.

I found a thing called GameAudioPlayer once, that actually can read all sorts of game music formats. I extracted music from Starcraft, Diablo, Need for Speed 3 and 4 with it - but I can't get it to work on Unreal (even though it is supposed to work with unreal)

I would of course be glad if some of you know a link where I can get it all in mp3 format

Originally posted by JanTM:
    Right now I am interested in the music from Unreal - not UT but the original Unreal.

Music in Unreal are MODs I think (not sure). If they kept the same MOD extensions (*.it, *.s3m, *.xm), you can try to play them with ModPlug Player (www.modplug.com)

BTW I think I will download that GameAudioPlayer...sounds interesting

------------------
    GAMING RULES!
    GAMBLING SUCKS!!!

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Yes, the music in unreal and UT is MODs.
    You cant play them directly for some reason, but there is a music extractor called
    CARP Unreal Music eXtractor
    I dont remember where I downloaded it from, but i'm sure you can find it in any search engine. Have fun!

------------------
    human was the music
    natural was the static.....

Thanx a bunch The DreameR... I downloaded that Carp unreal music extractor. Nich little thing and it works... listening to it now

Thread Information