Half Life CD key problems ...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Half Life CD key problems ...

Half Life CD key problems ...

I've just bought a copy of Half Life "game of the year ed." , but the cd key won't work , even tough i have updated to the latest version of the game.
    Have anyone else seen this problem ?
    please help.

Contact Sierra and explain to them your problem; it might be because someone else is using your key.

Just to be sure, are you sure you entered it into correctly?
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

But how can Sierra know if someone else is using the key ?
    i haven't been online with thew game..
    I can't get into the game at all ..
    I can always use a cracked serial from astalavista or something, but that won't help me into multiplayer. So that's why I bought the game. To get my own key.

Try uninstalling..delete the Sierra folder and remove all registry entries for sierra & half-life, (as long as you don't have any other Sierra games). Then reinstall and try it again. If you still have the same fault your only option is to take that one back to the store for a refund / exchange or contact Sierra direct for a replacement.

Also you didn't say, but did you enter the dashes as well?
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

sorry.

I entered all the dashes , tried to enter the key in every possible and inpossible way yes.
    This must be one of the most irritating thing that has happened to me when it comes to my computer . I spend 2hours locating the game, cause they where all sold out, and now the sierra support line in europe is closed for the weekend.

I've had this problem too... Try finding where the key is located in the registry. Re-enter the key in the key value. That worked for me at least...

I had installed a friends copy of halflife that's what my problem was...

Agrre, if you are sure you entered it correct then you should contact Sierra for more details.
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

thanx for the help you all . but I think i found the problem .

The serial number only has 12 numbers . And there schould have been 13 . So I just had to take a wild guess on the last one to make it work

They didnt bother to mention the last number in the CD key?? What's up with that?

Thread Information