Anyone use the Unreal Editor?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone use the Unreal Editor?

Hybrid View

Anyone use the Unreal Editor?

compared to other 3D apps / editors i've used, the UNED is about the best IMO. to be able to conceive a world, build it, and go kick *** in it in a short amount of time is awesome. the amount to controle to set an atmosphere with it is even more awesome. unlimited possibilities with some imagination.

anyone else use the editor?

I've only mucked around with it when Unreal came out but I like the new interface of 2.0. If you know of any good places for a tutorial on how to use it, I'd definitely be interested. I've only used Quake editors in the past but I got an idea for a map that I would like to make for UT.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

I'm interested in learning how to use this, anyone know of a good tutorial site for using the Editor? (for UT, dunno if it's the same editor as with the original unreal?)
    Just your friendly neighborhood DrunkN_MastR

try here for basic help:
    http://www.planetunreal.com/unrealed/index.asp

as far as the interface, controles and what-not, its damn slick. the features are superior to even the likes of 3DSM IMO. in the 3D port, right / left mouseclicks with alt or ctrl combinations are best to learn. its not difficult. keep in mind the world is SOLID. so, to begin logically you need to remove, or carve from the solid world. brushes are only the shapes, or tools used like the other editors u used. the vertex manipulation features in the UNED are excellant. the lighting / sound manipulation kicks *** too!

oops as for additional help, there are generally links to UNED sites off most of the larger Unreal / UT sites. i have a shat-load of links for the editor on my machine at home, and will post them here if requested. the one in my previous message is something i just found today, and only looked into it breifly. it looked good to start from anyway.

Yeah that was the thing that threw me off originally; quake levels you 'build' your level; unreal levels you 'delete' your level. Thanks for the url; got a 4 day weekend coming up so I'll have some time to try it again.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

oops again - hehe

the only things u need to play a custom map through the editor:

1. make a room - remove the space with a brush
    2. click a wall in the new room, and then click a texture from the texture menue. u will have to 'load' a .utx pack from unreal/texture
    3. place a light in the room - right click, its there
    4. place a 'playerstart' class in the room - from the class menue -little pawn chess piece thing- (new ED)
    5. build your geometry - right click (old ED), or at top button bar (new ED)
    6. save
    7. play

Thread Information