Desperate... Need For Speed Porsche 2000
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperate... Need For Speed Porsche 2000

Hybrid View

Desperate... Need For Speed Porsche 2000

I am desperate here guys... I have Need For Speed 2000 and there is no support on the internet for it. All they have is Need For Speed Unleashed and Need For Speed Highstakes.

I'm having a problem with the Evolution Series... about three quarters through the track the game freezes. I have to cold boot to get back to Windows.

Are there any patches or downloads that support this version of the game?

Please please please! I really need the help this time around.

Cheers.

------------------
    It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

That's one thing I hate about EA and NFS series; practically no tech support or patches. I get that sometimes in the Evolution races in NFS:PU but not always in the same place. Does it occur right after you start the game or after a while playing it?
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Thanks for answering Huge.

After playing it all day in the single race and all the other races it ran just fine... now, in the evoluton series it hangs in almost the same exact place. Gina thinks its a glitch in the game but I can't tell for sure. You think it's the game?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

That sounds like a bug if it happens almost at the same place everytime, but who knows. Try using a search engine; if it is a bug, chances are someone else has found it and might have a solution.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

if nobody else mentions the bug then take it back to the store for an exchange see if it does the same thing, then you'll know if its the game or cd.

now that i'm thinking about it, i tried high stakes and it wouldn't play on my pc with diamond mx300 sound drivers but my son has a sb16 and nearly identical system and it played perfectly on his, i just changed drivers to aureal's think i'll borrow it from him and try it again.

[This message has been edited by rangeral (edited 08-24-2000).]

Yeah..I also experience freezing with the sound looping when playing the evolution series...It happens when I have to drive the 356A Speedster with one particular map. It certainly may be a glitch in the game...I don't experience it when playing single races and the factory driver mode...

What a relief it is to know that I'm not the only one who's had that problem.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling and I'll keep away from that 356A completely to avoid running into the same thing again.

Thanks for asll the help people... I really appreciate it.

Hope it works!

hey toolbox, nfs porshe 2000 and nfs pu is the same thing, so whatever people say about pu applies to p2000. ea has releases several patches for the game, to update them click multiplayer in the main menu and then internet games. it will ask if you want to update and then go on. also, try www.nfscheats.com they have a decent discussion board for this kind of stuff.

------------------
    Visit my website!
    look for me on AIM as gosanjose

Have you been to the Need for Speed home page. www.needforspeed.com ? Not sure what they have there these days but I suppose they should at least have any new patches for it.
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

Okay, I'll go check it out.

Thanks everyone.

It's still hanging and it's really annoying me now.

It seems to be doing this more often now!

I can't stand it anymore.

hey toolbox, nfs porshe 2000 and nfs pu is the same thing, so whatever people say about pu applies to p2000. ea has releases several patches for the game, to update them click multiplayer in the main menu and then internet games. it will ask if you want to update and then go on. also, try www.nfscheats.com they have a decent discussion board for this kind of stuff.
    GOSHARKS,

I did exactly what you said... I went into Porsche's Game Mode. Clicked on Internet Games, it finds an update and then asks me if I want to download it. I click yes and then it quits back to the desktop.

Where in the world am I supposed to download the new patch from?

H E L P ! ! ! !

The game's update program does just that... It makes the game quit to the desktop so that another program opens to download and install the patch update...After that, the program automatically starts the game again. So next time you try to update, just give time for the update program to do its thing...

Sorry... I guess I'm just so impatient already.

I've been trying to get this thing to work for days now.

Thread Information