Desperate... Need For Speed Porsche 2000 - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desperate... Need For Speed Porsche 2000

so how is everything? fixed?

NO NO NO

It's been back to the desktop for more then 5 minutes now and nothing is downloading!

Can someone give me a strict download site where I can grab the patch manually.

The one I'm looking for says it's exactly 3332.8 KB so I guess that's the one I'm looking for.

Thanks all.

[This message has been edited by Toolbox (edited 08-27-2000).]
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm assuming that your connection to the Internet is on when you're trying to update the game...If it is, I don't know what the problem is...I updated the game this way with no problems whatsoever...

There are a lot of NFS:Porsche fan sites out there where you could possibly find the patch. The official site only allows updating the game through the update program. Hope you find the patch on the other sites...

I still haven't got it working... and yes, of course, my internet connection is active!

Thanks for helping though...

Anyone else?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

O.K. As I remember, EA's update program is an independent and separate app from the game itself...So, maybe the update program is incorrectly installed or not installed in your system. You can try searching for the app which installs the update program in the NFS:Porsche CD...After installing it, try updating the game again like I said before.

I think that EA also has this update program available for download from their site...I just don't know where exactly...Good Luck.

I'll try that now!

Thanks again.

Hey Tool,

If you correctly installed EA's update program in your system, it should be located in \Program Files\EACOM\Updater...Hope it's working now...

Hi, I don't know if this might help, but I had a similar problem. Hope this will do the trick. Download the latest vesion of DirectX (7.0a I think) then restart your computer in safe mode and install it. When prompted to, reboot and see if it helped at all.

Good luck !

------------------
    Sir Sleepsal... ZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    AMD T-Bird 1.2
    512MB PC-2100
    Epox 8K7A+
    2XIBM 60GXP 41GB (RAID 0)
    3D Prophet 3
    SB-Live Value
    CSW DTT3500
    LG 795FT+
    ASUS 8X DVD
    LG 12/8/32 CD-RW

Sir Sleepsal... ZZZzzz

i know that nfscheats has a self-installable version of the 3.5 patch. hmmm, where is it... i guess that their website is down...

if you want to, shoot me an email and i'll send it to you toolbox.

Okay all... I GOT IT WORKING!

I reformatted the hard drive and installed it first even before installing the video driver.

Thanks forall the help everyone has extended towards me.

I shall bother none from now onwards.

I had real problems with Pu but it seems to be sorted now all I can say is use the in game up-date and keep going back and up dating all your drivers, sound, graphics. You could also try messing around with you d3d settings you may find it cures the problem.
    Live every day to the full "overclock it"

Thread Information