Anybody played Thief Gold demo?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anybody played Thief Gold demo?

Hybrid View

Anybody played Thief Gold demo?

It seems to be extremely short, not even one complete level. When I open the secret door by turning the roulette wheel game ends claiming "Mission completed", but I haven't reached any mission goals yet (except the one for not killing unarmed persons).
    Very disappointed!

------------------
    I'll be back...

Looks like there are not many Thief players around here...

One Thief player here....i skipped the demos and went sraight to the game and I will never regret that...thief gold was the first thief I played and thought it kicked *** and have thief 2 which kicks even more *** if you don't have the game buy it. I doubt you would ever regret it

------------------
    When in doubt break out the sledge hammer....
    When in doubt break out the sledge hammer....

Yeah, thank you!
    I also own and have played both games (my all time favourites); I wanted to play at least one of the three new levels which are included in Thief Gold. One is in the demo, but only a short fraction it seems.
    Since I have the original Thief, I don't want to buy the Gold version also (3 new levels, price 60% of the original game).

------------------
    I am the Spirit that denies!

I got Thief Gold off an auction and really like it. I got stuck on the (I think) second level. It's after the mines and in the prison area. This game is tough, at least for me. I still haven't gotten the hang of all this sneaking around.

Yeah, that's a pretty early endpoint for the demo. There is another (longer) way down without going through the roulette wheel passage, but from memory you still won't get any objectives done.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information