Best and worst endings to games!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best and worst endings to games!

Best and worst endings to games!

Best ending for me has to be te origonal diablo (have not played two yet so dont spoil it of me) the worst ending for me was the origonal Quake very disapointing

and Quake 2 wasn't much better, but this is the nature of the beast, as it is an ending to, (a good game as you probably wouldn't have played it to the end if not), and as such the end will usually be disappointing.

Half-life was disapponiting, I thought TR2 was ok and Unreal, but how can you make an "ending" much better if you need to leave it open for a part, two, three, four or whatever depending on sales of the one you have played?

I liked the ending of Wing Commander: Prophecy.

------------------
    Never mind the dog, beware of the owner.
    HWC FORCE3D ICQ AL= 57497564
    OCN ICQ AL= 67864797

The best ending to a game I would have to say is probably Diablo 2. The worst has got to be Quake 2.

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain

Worst ending Half Life. Best ending FF7.

The original Tomb Raider has a great ending: When you have to escape from within the collapsing pyramid on this small island after beating the boss, ground is shaking, rocks are dropping, and after having escaped, the whole thing explodes.

------------------
    I'll be back...

Why didn't you guys like the ending to Hald-Life? I mean, it's not the BEST ending, but ir was OK. Definitely not the worst ending.

I dunno, The best storyline, and ending would have to be Scarcraft +Brood War.
    I mean, it is pretty obvious, but the storyline is really good. THe worst Ending has to be Quake2.

------------------
    Hell was full, so my teacher came back.
    Hell was full, so my teacher came back.

Originally posted by CrazyDemon5000:
    Why didn't you guys like the ending to Hald-Life? I mean, it's not the BEST ending, but ir was OK. Definitely not the worst ending.
    For me, I didn't really enjoy the whole alien planet section towards the end. It took me hours to do the platform jumping while permanently being attacked. That was horrible!

Mephisto

Yeah I made a single key binding for that "hop skip & jump" stuff, much easier

I thought the Zen levels were ok especially the Gonarch!

Originally posted by BladeRunner:
    [B]Yeah I made a single key binding for that "hop skip & jump" stuff, much easier[B]
    WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME THAT BEFORE?
    How's the binding exactly done? Three keys: Run+Crouch+Jump (Shift+C+Space)?

Mephisto

I was quite into HL and used to help out sending people this and other stuff on a HL site if they were stuck with it.

Having Trouble With The Longjump?

To get the long jump working on one key you need a HEV suit and a jump battery

/give(S)item_longjump(E) to get long jump battery

Type this into the console and make sure there are no mistakes:-

alias(S)+lj(S)"+forward;+duck;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+jump"(E)
    alias(S)-lj(S)"-jump;-duck;-forward"(E)
    bind(S)(K)(S)"+lj"(E)

(K) is any key you want, make sure a " appears in the console, I have to use the @ key to get a quote to appear. If it says command not recognised you can use the arrow keys to go back and correct. Also make sure you use the plus & minus on the key pad not the ones under the F9 & F10 keys or it won't work. Once you have done this your chosen key will do it all, run-crouch-jump but remember to be back from the edge far enough or you will fall off before it gets to the jump command.

Commands in Italics (k)
    Keyboard inputs in bold (S)=space (E)=enter

Yeah Half-Life's a great game but them levels in xen were a bit boring, anyone else agree, 2 much running round and jumping for me, the best bits were when u had 2 face the soldiers 4 the first time, especially on hard difficulty!

------------------
    Athlon 700@800,Abit Ka7, 128mb PC100, 12mb Voodoo 2, 17" Sony Monitor, SB Live.
    Check Out: www.selective-auto.co.uk
    XP @ 2.3Ghz (210xx11)
    NF7-S v2
    1GB PC3500
    Rad 9800pro @ XT
    CM101B
    Hitachi 17" 16ms TFT

Best ending: Starcraft
    Also worth noting: Moneky Island series

Thread Information