What type of video card do you all have?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What type of video card do you all have?

Hybrid View

What type of video card do you all have?

I am building a system and im having trouble figuring out what card to buy. Help me choose one.

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain

What are you building, what games do you play extensively?
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

Well a pentium 3 800 with 128 SDRAM, and other stuff. I would like a video card that would work good with UT and Q3. stuff taht requires a good card.

------------------
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain
    Mess with the best
    Die like the rest
    --Hackers
    -Acid Rain

GeForce GTS2. if your budget allows, then go for the GTS2 Ultra
    MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

I have a Hercules ProphetII GeForce2 GTS.

Dig it!!

That Ultra is looking schu-weeeet, but that price is kinda um, impressive too!

Well, everyone knows that UT flies on a 3dfx board, but Q3 will fly on a GF2/U. Personally I would pick the GF2/U card, since I play more Quake engine games than Unreal engine games (with the exception to UT).
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

I'd have to agree that I like the Asus v7700 a lot and it works fine in UT with det 6.18, DX8 (85) & 4.28patch (damn precaching turned off) runs smooth as at 1280x1024 32C.

I wish Ion Storm could get of their butts and do the same for Deus Ex though

I'm not sure I really need an Ultra as yes more speed is nice but I'd rather have glide support and Hardware FSSA, to get that largely redundant T&L engine doing something.

I did like the Idea of the V5 6000, but it needed to be out in the shops a couple of months ago to stand much chance at the price they want for it.

Thread Information