I Need To Copy Games... Not For Piracy™
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need To Copy Games... Not For Piracy™

I Need To Copy Games... Not For Piracy™

I went to the store today and got a little crazy... I bought a lot of games to play.

Now, I want to make backup copies of the CD's. I did the usual and copied all the files into my hard drive first and then burned them onto a CD-R. Now when I tried playing the game, the computer kept propmting me to insert the CD. The burnt CD was in... and when I stuck in the original CD, it worked fine.

I'm assuming there is some kind of anti-copy file on the disc that doesn't allow me to make backup's. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

How do I remedy the problem. Is there software that I can use to copy a disc EXACTLY?

My devices are as follows:

Plextor UltraPlex 32
    Plextor UltraPlex 40 Max
    Plextor PlexWriter 12/4/32
    Seagate Cheetah 9.1

The software I use for burning is Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02D.

Anyone?

------------------
    It Is Now Safe To Turn Off Your Computer
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There's alot of information here www.*************.com . I use Nero, but I've heard CDRWin is good too.

Thanks Flavio...

How's your Xterra doing?
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I've heard NERO can cure some of you problems

Nice one Psyduck

Yes NERo will helpp------do a copy image and then burn image.

You can download nERO from www.ahead.de

For further help---email me: ak-modi@usa.net

Although I haven't used it yet, I heard CloneCD is supposed to be able to make exact duplicates, even copyrights
    Just your friendly neighborhood DrunkN_MastR

Toolbox - I drove that Xterra 3000 miles across the country with a friend through mountains, desert, etc. Did fantastic. I found a couple off-road opportunities, but really didn't want to waste TOO much time.

We had a Playstation and T.V. hooked up in the back for whoever wasn't driving.

Didnt your Plextor drives come with any software, of they did you should ahve a program called CD Dupe I thinl, that should make an exact copy of any cd. If you dont have it then try clone cd.

Tool, you are lucky glussier is not around, he would have locked this thread long ago. I remember posting bout MotoX Madness 2 and he locked my thread.......NOT FAIR !!!!!!!!
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

akmodi,

I'll let you know if I need further help on this.

DrunkN_MastR,

I'll try downloading CloneCD and see how it does.

Flavio,

I can't tell you how much I like that car. Since the new Land Cruiser is out of my range, I'm praying that Nissan Philippines will strat importing the Xterra.

aug1516,

I have DiscDupe but I've only tried it once and I got a buffer underrun. Haven't tried it since. Maybe it's because I was trying to copy directly from a CD at 12X? I'll try again.

fx,

I'm not sure if this is an illegal question? I'll leave it here a while and see what glussier says before I close it myself or he shuts it down.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Making personal back-up copies of games is perfectly legal. As long as you own the original CD.
    P3 700e FCPGA @ 966Mhz w/ Alpha PAL35t
    ASUS CUV4X
    ElanVital T-10ab Case
    KingMax PC150 cas2 HSDRAM
    IBM Deskstar 75GXP 30GB ATA100
    Asus v7700 Geforce2 GTS 32MB Pure
    SB Live! Value
    ViewSonic PF790 19"
    Klipsch Pro-Media v.2-400
    Netgear FA310TX 100mbps NIC
    MS InteliMouse Epxlorer
    MS Internet Keyboard PRO

I was concerned initially, but so far, so good. Just keep it legal guys; that's all I ask.

Ugh 12:30am; time sure flies...
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

It is perfectly legal. glussier would lock it anyway because that's the way he is.

Um. I may be missing something here but is glussier a moderator of this forum?

he has made his opinion on what is or is not legal on this topic clear and as huge says, there is nothing wrong here.

Thread Information