NVIDIA Detonator Drivers and Half-Life???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: NVIDIA Detonator Drivers and Half-Life???

NVIDIA Detonator Drivers and Half-Life???

When I use the NVIDIA Detonator 1 drivers with Half-Life, they work OK. But the version 2 and 3 drivers cause problems. I have pauses of about a second or two between the time I take some action with the keyboard or mouse and the time I actually move in-game. For example, if I use the 'w' key to move forward, there's a pause before I move forward. When I let go of the 'w' key, there's a pause before I stop moving. Is there some Half-Life, DirectX, or Detonator setting I can change to fix this?

System stats:
    NVIDIA TNT with 16MB (STB Velocity 4400)
    450 MHz Pentium II
    128 MB memory
    DirextX 7.0a
    Windows 98 with all updates

Thanks in advance for any help.

Melter, according to every site I've read that has tried it, Det 3 drivers actually decrease performance with non-GeForce cards. I would go back to your old drivers if I were you.

Initially the drivers did some funny things even with my GeForce DDR. Exiting Half Life my resolution went to something crazy, icons were so big that I couldn't change the resolution back to 10x7. After changing them in safe mode, restarting, and getting back in I found that my framerate dropped from 50-60 to 20-30. That was not good. A new VIA AGP driver seems to have patched it up though.

Good luck.

Yeah I've been expericing some problems with resolution changes too... from games or such, and some dll errors when I try to change them or such.

as for the tnt deal, u should just stick to 5.22, but if detonator 1 works well, stick with 3.68 I guess. or try to find the specific driver for ur video card instead of using the reference driver.
    "Hmm... what does this button do?"

Thread Information