Best Joystick for games ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best Joystick for games ?

Best Joystick for games ?

Who uses which joystick in games and the pro's/con's of these joysticks in various game types. You may have tried many types and makes or you may have stuck with only one make, whatever, add your info here. DD.

[This message has been edited by digitaldog (edited 08-22-2000).]
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

I like the MicroSoft Sidewinder Precision Pro USB. Tons of buttons that are programable very sturdy and quality built joystick. The force feedback one is nice to but it never seems to get below $100. Thats just to much for me. For $40 the Sidewinder JS is a great value.

------------------
    My HomePageAll the Things I really care about!
    KilrB's PC
    Abit NF7-S Rev2
    XP2100+ @ 200x11.5 2300Mhz
    512MB Corsair XMS Platnium PC3200 Ultra Low Latency CAS222
    Tyan Tachyon G9700 Pro w/Zalman ZM80a-HP Heatpipe
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

"Fat, Drunk and Stupied is now way to go threw life Son!" Quote: Dean Wormer.... Animal House

I've been using Logitech for years. I broke 6 of them when I first started MP in Doom on Dwango (heh). Currently I own a Logitech Wingman Interceptor. Not the most expensive/best stick but very well constructed.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

In my opinion the MS sidewinder usb pro is the best but you pay alot for it. But i think the logitech ones are better value.

PiR8
    My System:
    ----------

Celeron 2 566
    256mb pc133
    Aopen AX6BC Pro
    8x 40x Mata****a DVD Rom
    8x 4x 32x Sony Cd r/rw
    Fastcom Tv tuner
    Aopen Aw744 Sound Card
    Acer 10/100 NIC
    Powercolor 32mb TNT2 M64 w/ tv in/out

I have this really crappy 2-button Joystick, it works fine but its really plain. But for the games I play, I dont use the joystick.

i love my Sidewinder Precision Pro Force Feedback....its cool! and the price was right...around $80 for me...

it is great because for one, it has a large base, whihc means if you are tryin to pull up as fast as you can, the joystick base stays still as the joystick moves back....another plus is the twisting of the joystick itself. they can be used as rudder pedals when you are on the runway. the 8-way HAT is good too. Although i do have to say that the throttle is in a bit of a weird position...

------------------
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!

I had a Sidewinder PP, and a Wingman begore. I wore out the Wingman, then gave the Sidewinder away when I found my current joystick. It has more buttons, a smoother action, 8 way hat, twist axis(rudder), and it is USB compatible. It is made by Interact, and called the Cyclone Digital SV-286. I got mine at Egghead a few months ago for less than $30!!! I have since, looked nearly everywhere for one for my brothers, but I can't find one. This is the best stick I've ever used. If you can find one, you'll love it. And let me know where, if you do!

Go to www.interact-acc.com and look at their list of retailers, they also show the Cyclone Digital within their product range, hope you find it. DD.
    "The enemy of the enemy is the night"

I really like my Sidewinder FF joystick. If we are talking FF. Some people don't like them because they ADD to the game experience. Most people like them BECAUSE they add to the game experience.

Take Interstate '76 (though this was a poor implimentation of FF Tech, it was one of the first). Bouncing along the road, lining up a bad guy while under buffeting fire that pretty much knock you around.

------------------
    P933, 133MHZ FSB, 256M RAM
    Ultra 160, 18.2GB Cheetah
    Annihilator Pro, SBLIVE, DVD, FPS SOUND
    MS Force Feedback, Cable Modem.
    AKA- The ultimate gaming machine.

I LOVE my MS PP joystick! As I said before in another post, I freakin' ROCK in UT with my joystick! I was looking to get the MS FF joystick but then I found this one coming out this fall!

Hey, does anyone know if UT supports Force Feedback?

i got a sidewinder precision pro. don't think it's usb though. joysticks are sooooo nice in driving games and flight sims, but i can't stand them in fps games.
    MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

Saitek Cyborg 3D is what I use.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information