Anyone Tried "Heavy Metal Fakk2" - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Tried "Heavy Metal Fakk2"

Anyone tried stunning one of little goofy monsters and throwing them in the water. I got completely mauled after doing that and almost died. It was funny as hell though.

flavor flavio

Originally posted by BladeRunner:

There are some lovely touches in this game.. like the way those bouncy creatures (can't remember the name), turn into a nasty little monsters, (like gremlins) if they get wet and throw their exploding TURDS at you.. LOL.

Mephisto

Yeah someone else said it was a bit short, but if there are difficulty levels you're a wimp unless you try the hardest setting first . (I only found Kingpin too hard at its hardest setting so far). I also prefer the direct approach than the System Shock2/SOF, style of limited saves and in SS2, repopulation of cleared areas, a pathetic attempt to hide a short game or small map.

Originally posted by BladeRunner:
    I also prefer the direct approach than the System Shock2/SOF, style of limited saves and in SS2, repopulation of cleared areas, a pathetic attempt to hide a short game or small map.
    Agreed!
    I usually hate respawning monsters like in Turok2, but in SS2 I found it to be appropriate and contributing to the creepy atmosphere (after some hours of cursing and bashing my keyboard, of course ).

------------------
    I like beers. Cheers!

Hey

Blade, I think that the hit you take in FPS games when u put on FSAA is not worth it because the games are to quick to notice the diff i have tried it with a few FPS games and i dont think it is worth it i much rather use it on racing and other sim games. it helps those games alot. Also i have played with 2X FSAA on a Voodoo5 5500AGP and i find the hit is not as much as when i put it on a GF2GTS this is just my finding it can be diff for u but alot of review sites have found the same thing.

------------------
    Abit BP6, Dual 366@550, 128MB RAM, 13.6GB WD 7200RPM ATA/66, Voodoo3 3000AGP OCed to 183Mhz

Inventor of the PMP, Phunk Master Phreezer.
    Abit BP6, Dual 366@550, 128MB RAM, 13.6GB WD 7200RPM ATA/66, Voodoo3 3000AGP OCed to 183Mhz

Inventor of the PMP, Phunk Master Phreezer.

That's cool Blade.

I have seen the V5 5500 with 2x FSAA with in a demo of F.A.K.K 2 .... and it look awesome. The GeForce seems to not perform not so well with the Q3 engine. But I don't see why because you said that your card with FSAA looks good in Half-Life but not in F.A.K.K 2 .. but they have the same engine???? must just be the game.

thanks for the reply

Proceed

Like I said it is hard to put into specifics what I don't like about it, but as enabling FSAA on a Geforce usually means stepping down a resolution or two the gains in Q3 and FAKK2 don't improve the image at all to me. Julie is more jaggie, and the scenery is more blurred looking. I have to add this is minor but looks better in a higher res without FSAA.

Half-Life uses the original Quake engine, (with improvements) so can't be compared to the Quake 3 engine.

It just struck me that both these games, (Q3 & FAKK2) using this engine look better without the Geforce FSAA IMHO.

I personally think it's hardly worth having FSAA on the Geforce as Half-Life is the only game I've used it on to play with. Everything else I'd rather run in a higher res with it off.

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 08-21-2000).]

Tomb Raider IV looks really nice in 800x600x32 and 2x2FSAA, I think better than in 1024x768x32 without FSAA. And runs smooth.

Cool....well the Q3 and Quake engines are the same to me...

peace

Thread Information