PC to PC game (How to play ?)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: PC to PC game (How to play ?)

PC to PC game (How to play ?)

I would like to know how I can play a game with my brother (both on a LAN-network, T3-connenction), while he is at his house and I'm at mine ?

I use a PIII 500MHz with a TNT2 Ultra 32MB graphics card. My OS is 98 2nd ed.

My brother uses a PII 350MHz with a TNT 16MB graphics card. His OS is also 98 2nd ed.

We want to play C&C Tiberian Sun.

[This message has been edited by racdeen (edited 08-22-2000).]
    Greetings Racİ

One of you has to set up a non-dedicated server tell the other the IP- (and maybe port-) number, who then can connect as a client to that server.

------------------
    I'll be back...

How do I do this ?

[This message has been edited by racdeen (edited 08-22-2000).]
    Greetings Racİ

maybe if you would provide some more details like computer configurations...which game, then maybe we could help you more.

------------------
    check out our new bulletin board/chat site...

Chatastic

One of you has to be the server so you will need to know the IP address. In win98, go to Start, Run and type in winipcfg. This will give you your IP address. You said you were running on a T3 so this address should never change.

Like I said one of you has to be the server, so there should be a command to Create Game under the multiplayer settings. For internet play, you would want to create a TCP/IP game. Once running, the other person should Join Game and enter the IP address of the server.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

Thread Information