Doesn't anybody play Deus Ex ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Doesn't anybody play Deus Ex ?

Hybrid View

Doesn't anybody play Deus Ex ?

I'm just stunned not to C any posts made bout this stunning game. A real improvement over System Shock 2. I know people think it is a rip off idea but it rocks. I've played bout just past half way through and it rocks. I would realy recommend it to anybody who likes FPS-RPG typpe o' games. Check out the BB on there web site :
    www.deusex.com
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

Many ppl around here are playing Deus Ex, including me. Seems they haven't got much time left for posting here!
    I think you can't really compare SS2 and Deus Ex. SS2 has this claustrophobic situation, the respawning zombies, hissing voices: very scary. Your weapons are wearing down, not much ammo around. It's much more difficult.
    Deus Ex is different; the many different ways to solve a situation, you have time to think about what to do. But you might also raise your guns and jump into!
    Let's just declare this thread to the official HWC Deus Ex thread!

I'm playing and loving Deus Ex but it has some faults the worst being the Unreal engine. I played System Shock 2, but never understand why it was so universally praised?. the Graphics are good except for the Zombies which look terrible. they attack and move in annoying slow motion as does your arm and the whole game. The repopulation of previously visited areas is completely unforgivable, (and was the worst fault with Turok/Turok 2). Also the guns break far to often, which is just annoying not realistic.

I got more annoyed with the game than enjoyed it.

I've been pretty much playing it for the last month. I upgraded(?) to an Asus 6800 and the graphics have just gone to hell on the game now. I've tried all the different drivers (Asus, nVidia...) and nothing seems to help, so I haven't played in a while. I'm hoping the new GTS I ordered will take care of the problem, though. I think it's a great game. These fps/rpg games are my favorite. If company's continue to pump out games like Deus Ex, SS2, and the like, I'd be a happy camper!
    "It was a good lay........"

Originally posted by BladeRunner:
    I'm playing and loving Deus Ex but it has some faults the worst being the Unreal engine.
    What I like about the Unreal engine are the detail textures when you come close to a wall or something...

------------------
    I'll be back...

Deus Ex was released rather late here so I've only been playing it for a week, and it's the best game I've played in ages.

However the direct 3d support is rather bad. It's far worse than that of the original unreal when that had no patches.

Don't get me wrong the graphics can be great. You just need a 1.13gig P3 overclocked to 1.4gigs and a geforce2 Ultra with the memory overclocked to 500Mhz
    Athlon 1Ghz AXIA Stepping
    Abit KT7a Rev1
    256mb generic
    CL GTS 32ddr
    Vortex 2 (2048)
    GXP60 20Gbytes

daveg

Have you got the beta D3D patch?, as that helps a lot. also I have a "best performance" set-up sheet here I got from somewhere.

It is actually very near the settings I ended up with by playing with it but it runs ok now on my Geforce but not as good as UT.

No I haven't got the D3D patch. I'll try it later. Thanks
    Athlon 1Ghz AXIA Stepping
    Abit KT7a Rev1
    256mb generic
    CL GTS 32ddr
    Vortex 2 (2048)
    GXP60 20Gbytes

Does anybody know why the patch-dll is older then the retail version?

------------------
    You seem pretty young to be searching for that kind of fun!

Didn't even saw the date, good question.
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

I just fired up the GTS2 and what a difference! Yee haa!! I'm back, baby!
    "It was a good lay........"

Thread Information