Diablo2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Diablo2

Diablo2

Is it really worth it?
    It seems that there are quite a few members playing this game.Lets hear some reviews of how you think the game is, what levels youve made it to, and what special weapons youve earned.
    Sam
    Visit Us at OTCENTRAL.COM
    or
    XIBASE.COM

I've had a hell of a time getting d3d to work on my Geforce. I've been playing in 2d mode since the beginning. I'm going to try the new 6.18 (detonator) drivers tonight to see if that helps. I'll post here with the findings.

In a nutshell, the graphics are a little disappointing (600x400) but the game play is as addicting as Diablo was. Haven't ventured much into multiplayer yet, but single player so far is a blast!
    "It was a good lay........"

Ya other than the ppl walking around like they have poles up there rears, it's a good game.

And having some choice in resolution would be a plus. I'm sure that if Blizzard had included that it would have taken another 6mo to a year for the game.

------------------
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Moderator/Asst. Admin
    Compguys Techweb Technical Support Portal
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Moderator/Asst. Admin
    Compguys Techweb Technical Support Portal

Yep agree with those above, but it runs sooo much better on my tnt2u with the 6.16 drivers (and looks more vibrant as well).

Diablo 3 anyone?

[This message has been edited by Huge (edited 08-15-2000).]
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Im considering buying diablo2, but i already have the first one. I'm sorry to diablo fans,but diablo SUCKS. It's so boring, the fighting is cheasy, and so is everything else. Tell us whats the difference between diablo and D2. Convince me to buy it, then maybe i will. The fact that diablo sucked so much is holding me down from buying the second one.

its a good game. just wait till they come down in price a little
    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit, but those who never win and never quit are: IDIOTS!..."

I hear ya on the price. As long as people continue to buy it at $50, they'll keep selling it at $50.

The game is good but it saves automatically as you proceed in the game something..i hate that...

I agree ZODDER, the d3d doesnt work on my Geforce II card either. But its TNT not 3dFX.
    I love the game for its detail, Just like the first one. I have Diablo II CE, RPG games are my first choose, Sim's are next!
    Anyways buy the game only if RPG is interesting to you? Diablo III, LETS DO IT!!
    Ford Mustang GT 2001
    281 Cubic Inch/260HP - Fully Loaded - Mach 460 Surround Sound - Silver Metallic - 17" Aluminum Alloy Rims

Somewhere between Purgatory and Hell called Ohio
    If you didn't like Diablo 1 then you probably won't like Diable 2. D2 is a lot like the first one but they made it so much bigger. More people, more monsters, more items, more multiplayer action, more character building, more. The game play is basically the same as the first one though.

------------------
    -Goff
    -Goff

Couldn't get D2 to run in d3d last night with the detonator 3 drivers either. WTF? Deus Ex and Q3 still sucked, too. I think I may just get a Geforce 2 and give up on my 6800. I haven't been able to get anything to run stable on it except UT. I'm not into reformatting and reinstalling either.

finally got d3d on my tnt2, too bad i see little difference. Anyways diablo 2 is very overrated. never worth the 50 they try to charge for it. i borrowed it from a friend and got tired of it in a few days. very repetitive a hell of a lot of clicking and not that great graphics. Could have been ok online but when i realized how much lag there was and how everyone else hogs the kills and the items it becomes stupid. Then again i have a short attention span and get tired of games real fast.

HAd the same prob. with my GeForce. Installed the 5.30 drivers from Creative and they seem to work.
    EPOX EP9NPA+
    AMD 64 3000+
    2x 512mb Samsung DDR 400
    80gb Western Digital
    Benq DvD Writer
    LG Combo
    19" Mag Innovision CRT
    GeForce 6600GT
    Windows XP Pro SP1

Thread Information