SoF servers?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: SoF servers?

Hybrid View

SoF servers?

Has anyone played SoF multiplayer? Is it any good? Are there any good servers out there?
    "It was a good lay........"

I played the 2 demo multiplayer levels. They are pretty good, fast paced action. But there's one weapon far too powerful, rocket launcher or something...

------------------
    I am the Spirit that denies!
    Visit the Mephisto thread...

I'm a huge fan of SoF -- especially multiplayer. It's great fun, loads of laughs, etc. "Good" servers depend upon your location and linespeed, but GameSpy can help you sort that out. Personally, I play on WON East 2, since that's the best ping I can get on my 56K.

There's some weapons that folks consider too powerful or cheesey, but that's up to one's personal preference. It's fairly easy to outsmart someone with a slugthrower or a rocket launcher. If nothing else, you can make them blow themselves up (-2 kills penalty). I don't dig the rocket launcher, but it's just as viable a weapon as any other. Some folks hate my knives.

Hint: don't use the custom skins and disable skin downloads on your machine...there's some exploits with invisibility and custom skins. Plus, some of those downloads have contained viruses and / or parts that corrupt the game. Some private servers force downloads even when a player has them disabled, so I won't play on those servers.

Also, get your map downloads from http://www.soffiles.com . It's faster than waiting for the map to download while trying to enter the game and keeps the strain off the servers. There's other nifty downloads at Soffiles.com, like Intruder's Ping/Lag Lowerer ( a must-have for online play).

Once Sof Gold gets released (by the end of this month), everyone should be on the same version (v1.06).

Hoping to frag some of y'all,

------------------
    -- Sampúrna

UPDATE:

Since writing the above post, I've discovered that SoFFiles.com and INTRUDER had a falling out of sorts, and his maps and files have been removed from their servers. If anyone's interested, those files can be found at WIDOWMAKER99's Page.

------------------
    -- Sampúrna

Thread Information