WW2 Flight Sims. Which do you recommend?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: WW2 Flight Sims. Which do you recommend?

WW2 Flight Sims. Which do you recommend?

I used to play Aces Over Europe. My latest Flight Sim is the Falcon 4.0, which is great but I prefer dogfighting without Sidewinders.

Any recommendations with great graphics and accuracy like the Falcon 4.0?
    "Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
    Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

My favorite is MS Combat Flight Simulator! When you get bored with the 'stock' planes that come with this game, you can download tons of different planes from the internet, you can even design your own! You can even fly planes from other periods against the WWII planes. I can't wait until the newest version comes out. It will be based in the Pacific instead of Europe. It is due out this fall, but I can't remember the name?

I have Combat Flight Simulator and European Air War. Both are good in their own right. Both handle the flight models well and both allow selecivity as to the "realism" you want to use - EAW even has a setting for vibrations from the engine and guns as well as hits on your plane. I like the plane selection in EAW better as it includes the P38 Lightning (my favorite). Nothing like bearing down on your enemy with 6 machine guns and two cannons. Can you say SHRED!!!Combat FS has well rendered planes (the skins anyway as the object itself is a little blocky for my taste) and mountains in the landscape, but EAW has beautiful planes and tons of ground objects to blast away at.
    All in all, I'd have to say EAW is my favorite because it just looks better, and both the instant action and campaigns are more realistic. Thats the one I keep going back to.

------------------
    Be quick. Be fast.

I'll have to agree with ifast6, I also have European Air War, and its damn cool. I like the P38 too it kicks major ***. Go to hotline and download it or something
    What are you standing there for??? Overclock that ****!!!!!!

the bset i cna think of is Janes World War II sim....janes combat sims makes the best sims out there...i have almost all of them (although i'd rather be firing sidewinders and pheonixes than 20mm..cannon shells anyway!)

------------------
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!
    MAC= Must Achieve Corruptness!

I should load up Combat Flight Simulator again; at the time (well over a year ago), it blew chunks with my tnt1 card and I haven't tried since.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

The only WWII flight sim I have is Jane's WWII Fighters, but I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it to anyone. I really enjoy games with multiplayer, but this game is way too buggy for MP. But it's ok for single-player dogfighting.

------------------
    -- Sampúrna

loatar Guest
    Would anyone recommend Air Warrior II?

Thread Information