I am a big tribes player. How about any other members? I have read that the new tribes2 will be out next month and i cant wait. If you guys are interested i will post some of the new stuff you will be able to do in the game.

here is one of the things i am not sure about:
Global ID System

Due to the widespread pirating problems of Tribes, T2 will feature a global ID system. Once a player has purchased the game and installed it on his/her computer, they must register over the Internet to receive an account number. Using that account number, they will register their favorite name, which will then be unavailable to any other player, as well as four more smurfing names (which will appear to other players in a different color). Only one name may be online at any time, and misconduct on servers can be punished by banning the account number (effectively banning the 4 other nicknames on the account as well). The account should help prevent teamkillers and such from ruining games, help prevent nickname theft, and allow for the tracking of total time played and tribal affiliations for the main account name. Note, however, that the system is based on the account number; your RL name will not become part of any database. Also, please understand that Tribes 2 has not yet been released, and the account system may well change.

[This message has been edited by samcurry (edited 08-15-2000).]