Bungie..knock knock..HALO!?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Bungie..knock knock..HALO!?

Bungie..knock knock..HALO!?

where is Halo..wasn't it supposed to be released this summer? The game looks good, and with no demos to speak of..the natives are getting restless..........

Microsoft took it over and it looks like it may an X-Box-only release.

------------------
    -- Sampúrna

microsoft took over an Apple company? god, can't they leave anything alone anyway, the game looked pretty kick ***.

Sampoerna,
    When the hell did that happen. E3 didnt say anything about that. Ohh man this is gonna be bad if MS is doing it. It'll cost a fortune and will be buggy as hell....MS ya know. What a let down i prolly wont buy it now.
    Sam
    Visit Us at OTCENTRAL.COM
    or
    XIBASE.COM

I thought the whole project was developed for use on PC's. I mean they introduced it on a G3.

There is an article on page 34 of the September issue of PC Gamer titled: Microsoft Jumps Bungie...Halo heading to X-Box (and probably not PC).

excerpts:

It's an ominous headline, to be sure. Though Microsoft has historically pursued companies with technology that outstrips its own to improve its software portfolio, and despite already assimilating FASA Interactive and Access Software into the collective, the purchase of Bungie was a surprise. Problems with Oni's development (now a Take 2 property) and the disappointing sales of the excellent Myth series (also jettisoned to Take 2) certainly hindered Bungie's demand to be a big-time player in game development and publishing. "We were thinking about what we would do over the next few years to grow and survive," says Alex Seropian, Bungie's CEO. "It was very obvious that this would change things for the better in a big way."

...All parties involved have dodged the pointed question of whether Halo will be an X-Box-only title -- the standard response has been, "No decision has been made yet."

..."Most games we release for X-Box will be exclusive. Only a few very special games will work well on both PC and on X-Box," confirms Fries, leaving the door open for Halo to be one of those "special" titles.

..."It was a joke throughout our history that we would be bought by Microsoft," says Seropian of Bungie's pround independent roots.

I sure as hell am not buying an X-Box. Oooh! A cheap computer I can play games on! Oooh! I've already got 3 of those. Heh.

Now, a PSX 2...I wouldn't mind having one of those.

[edited to correct typos]

[This message has been edited by Sampoerna (edited 08-15-2000).]

Hiyas
    Microsoft after Buying the Rights to FASA. Then producting the Latest of the Mecha Series games. Mechwarrior 3. Basicaly killed the Multiplayer culture outside the Microsoft Zone.
    Without any thought of allowing other OnLine gaming networks to be allowed to have MW3 disc space to install their programs. Microsoft only wants people to play on Microsoft Gaming Zone, only.
    Not familar with Bungee multiplayer network. Now microsoft will change that, it'll be the zone.
    Regards Bronto

Thread Information