What do you guys think of this....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What do you guys think of this....

What do you guys think of this....

Hello, here is the question....Me and a friend are going to move into a dorm together pretty soon, meaning we are in college and on a budget. He just recently bought a very nice (and expensive) AMD system. I just recently bought a lot of A/V equipment, a reciever, speakers, dvd player, etc. However, I don't have a good tv yet and I want one bad. I also want to buy a computer system though. I won't have the money to buy both though since both the Wega and a nice 19" FD would be too expensive. I was wondering what you guys thought of this scenario....I could buy a very nice 27" Sony Wega, AND a computer (w/o a monitor). I would buy a GeForce graphics card that had s-video out. I could use my Wega for the display and my home theater system for my sound. Just think....if I got a wirless optical mouse and a wireless keyboard, it would be sweet. It sounds cool, but is very unethical and weird. I don't even know what it would look like on screen, Would I be able to read text at a reasonable resolution sitting 4-6 feet away? The Wega is a nice set, but I don't know how it would handle high computer resolutions. What do you guys think?

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)
    This should probably be moved to another forum, but computer display on a TV will be bad resolution at the best. Try operating a computer you have access to at 640 x 480 resolution for a day, and see how you like it. Then figure the picture will be about 75% as sharp (or worse) because of the relatively poor quality of TV tubes (even the Sony Wega) compared to computer monitors.

TV display can be nice if you have a TV tuner card or DVD and use the computer only for watching TV, or if all you do is play games. Trying to read text... I wouldn't suggest it.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

well thanks man, im gonna scrap that idea....ill put everything on a credit card or something and buy a kick *** computer and a tv 8^)

Thread Information