Hot Deals Section?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hot Deals Section?

Lightbulb Hot Deals Section?

How come there's no "Hot Deals" section in these forums? I've got a hum dinger looking for a home...
    .bh.
    He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Paine.
    Simple solution for your voting quandaries: Determine which candidate is supported by the Trial Lawyers, and then vote for one of his/her opponents - 99.99% effective in avoiding total slimeballs.

You mean like the For Sale forum?

No. For Sale is for person to person selling - like classified ads. What I'm talking about is when you find a great deal at an online or B&M vendor. Like this Kensington RF cordless kbd/mouse combo for US$10. at Staples this week or the cases that Newegg was selling for the last day or two for from US$20.-35. with 3-day shipping included, etc.!
    . Check the www.resellerratings.com/forum/ or the forums.anandtech.com sites to see what I mean.
    .bh.
    Simple solution for your voting quandaries: Determine which candidate is supported by the Trial Lawyers, and then vote for one of his/her opponents - 99.99% effective in avoiding total slimeballs.

Originally posted by zepper
    No. For Sale is for person to person selling - like classified ads. What I'm talking about is when you find a great deal at an online or B&M vendor. Like this Kensington RF cordless kbd/mouse combo for US$10. at Staples this week or the cases that Newegg was selling for the last day or two for from US$20.-35. with 3-day shipping included, etc.!
    . Check the www.resellerratings.com/forum/ or the forums.anandtech.com sites to see what I mean.
    .bh.
    Check www.ableshoppers.com daily.
    P4 @ 2.4G, MSI 648 Max L, 512MB PC2100 DDR, 80G WD HD with 8MB Cache, NEC 2500A DVD Burner, Norcent CDRW, 19" MAG Monitor, Antec TRUE330, Audiophile 2496, ATI Radeon 7500.
    P3 @ 800MHz, 120G WD HD, 384Mhz RAM, Toshiba DVD ROM, Panansonic CDRW, 15" Nokia Monitor, 32MB Diamond Viper II.

Lightbulb

Ableshopper is pretty good, but they don't list the Chyang Fun case deal on newegg. BTW, all the cases had 350W Delta PSUs and are already sold out but they still have some models of the mini-barebone systems with free FedEx Saver shipping.
    .bh.

Last edited by zepper; October 16th, 2003 at 10:27 AM.

I don't know if we have the volume of members here at HWC to warrent such a new forum. In addition, these "hot deals" forums usually contain so much junk, and deals that really aren't hot at all, that it takes quite a period of searching before you run across something that is truly hot (or in some forums, even computer related). "A barbie and Ken doll set for 19.99 shipped!", "2.5oz beef jerky sample free from now till midnight!!", "free dental floss(us only)","HOT!! Mens' hiking boots-only $2.31 after 6 mail-in-rebates, and 2 price matches!"

I do however, see where it would be useful. Last week I found a killer deal on a cpu heatsink and wasn't quite sure which forum to put it in. I was thinking perhaps the "For Sale" section, but eventually decided on the "Cases, Cooling, and OC" section.

Mods, would you prefer to put these "hot deals" in what we think is the most applicable forum, or keep them in the "For Sale" forum?

some put the deals in their sig, it works really well actually, as the sigs update even on old posts.

Lightbulb

RDX,
    Ever think to try the Search function?.. I have little trouble narrowing down to what I'm looking for in Hot Deals sections - then sometimes I just like to browse. You know, Hot Deals sections are like a box of chocolates.
    . If you could see and feel this Chyang Fun case I have here, you would wish you had gotten in on the deal!
    .bh.

Perhaps, but sometimes I really don't know what kind of deal I'm looking for (other than something computer hardware related). It might be a good idea to have such a forum here at HWC, because you wouldn't have to wade through piles of unrelated stuff to find something beautiful at a beautiful price. These forums aren't too busy, but they're virtually spam free and contain many knowledgeable members. Perhaps a hot deals area could somehow be integrated into the "For Sale" forum? Maybe that wouldn't be the best though, as parts that people are trying to sell would be listed right next to some ridiculously low priced item(like one of those giant hard drives that cost less than $30 after price matching and rebates).

if its that good a deal and its not from your own company then it's probably fine in the general forum, or to which ever forum fits the item best.
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

Thread Information