Quantum Fireball Plus LM Review
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Quantum Fireball Plus LM Review

Quantum Fireball Plus LM Review

Quantum has been one of the leading harddisk manufacturers for years. Quantum actually debuted 7200 RPM spindle speeds for IDE-harddisks with the introduction of their Quantum Fireball Plus KA about eighteen months ago. Today it offers its third generation 7200 RPM drive, the Quantum Fireball Plus LM. This review, examines, in great detail, its workings, features and performance.

http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardw.../reviews/2134/

I would expect that most top of the line drives for a company would have ATA 100. For that reason I would not consider this drive. I don't have ATA/100 right now, but next year I would think I would, and who wants to upgrade their HD every year? I don't. If this drive had ATA/100, it would be great.

2 cents.

Would it possible to obtain the info on where I can get a hold of the benchmark programs you used in this article?

Thanks in advance

I've always bought Quantum drives since they seem to be quite reliable. So recently, I purchased the 20Gb LM drive and although it's very fast, I find that it is a bit noisier than my previous 5400rpm CX drive. No surprise, since 7200rpm drives can be a bit noisier. But a friend with the latest ATA100 Maxtor drive (also 7200rpm) generates a much quieter sound that doesn't draw attention to itself other than my disbelief at how quiet it was. I wonder what Quantum meant about their "Quiet Drive" technology? Well, I guess I DID buy this drive for its reliability...

i have a quantum fireball lm 15, 15 gb hdd. During windows NT 4 installation, its a breeze but on the first startup it crashes...and the story continues for all the reboots hence after.
    Any body got some solution for the above pl. let me know

Thread Information