HardwareCentral April Buyer's Guide
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HardwareCentral April Buyer's Guide

HardwareCentral April Buyer's Guide

Did you just get your taxes back, and have a lump of money burning a hole in your pocket? What better to spend it on than a new computer? Let HardwareCentral help you along the way with the April Edition of our monthly Buyer's Guide.

http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardw...ral/tips/1737/

My e-mail to danny boy:

Hey Dan,
    Just a few comments on your choice of CPU's in your April buyers guide,
    1) And I quote "The aging Athlon core"!! Are you serious?? The Athlon core is less than a year old!! The ANCIENT Pentium core beats that by a factor of 5X!!
    2)"While both AMD and Intel have announced 1 GHz processors, the likelihood of obtaining one on its own is small to nil." Wrong again Dan boobey... You can get an Athlon from price watch TODAY!! Not a pre-order!! Last time I checked 4 unique vendors had them in stock. You can't even pre-order a Pentium faster than 866. Speaking of paper releases.....
    3) "Given that, weíre sticking with the highest-speed readily available Intel processor" Why would anyone want to buy a Pentium 866 for $950 when you could get a Athlon 1G for $1,100 or an Athlon 950 for $800?? Even with outrageously expensive RDRAM the P3 is hardly the fastest CPU out there.

Do you have any knowledge of currently available CPU's at all?? Most of the "article..laugh" sounded more like a commercial to me. It reads like regurgitated Intel marketing spew. The only thing missing is the Intel inside sound bit. Why not just cut to the chase and publish something like this..
    BUY AN INTEL SYSTEM.....
    IT'S NOT THE FASTEST......
    FACTUALLY IT'S MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE AT COMPARABLE SPEEDS.....
    IF YOU WANT TO USE RDRAM I HAVE A LOAN APPLICATION RIGHT HERE....
    OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS GET US TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT..... WHAT DID YA EXPECT??

If I'm not mistaken, in Febuary Hardware Central picked an "AMD Athlon 800 MHz. [$800]" for their high end System.

Keep up the great work.
    Thank you Hardware Central.

Mig

------------------
    As I learn more I realize I Know less.
    As I learn more I realize I Know less.

Thread Information