Enlight EN-7237 Case Review
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Enlight EN-7237 Case Review

Hybrid View

Enlight EN-7237 Case Review

We are often asked what case we'd recommend for a new system. Knowing that preferences differ we may have other requirements that the general computer user. Nevertheless the Enlight EN-7237 case has proven itself on numerous occasions and we give you all the details and pictures in this review.

http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardw.../reviews/1692/

Have you ever looked at cases from PC Power and Cooling? How would you compare them to Enlight?
    I know PC... makes a very high quality power supply and case with similar removeable drive bays.

I just bought one of these last week-end.
    It seems to be a decent case. But I think the review missed something about it's power supply. The power supply says it's a 250 watt supply -- fine ... BUT, if you read the fine print on the supply it says to derate it to 125 watts if using both the 5 volt and 3.3 volt supplies. What system doesn't use both voltages????

Originally posted by Boondogler:
    I just bought one of these last week-end.
    It seems to be a decent case. But I think the review missed something about it's power supply. The power supply says it's a 250 watt supply -- fine ... BUT, if you read the fine print on the supply it says to derate it to 125 watts if using both the 5 volt and 3.3 volt supplies. What system doesn't use both voltages????
    I have this case with the 250W PSU, and am running an o/c Athlon on an Asus K7M, with Matrox G400TV with no stability problems (beyond the usual Windows ones :eek .

In any case, the PSU I have is the same as the one reviewed (model HPC-250G2 Rev A1-01), and it says +3.3V & +5V 150W MAX, +5V rated at 25A (125W) and +3.3V rated at 15A (49.5W).
    Is it safe?

I LOVE these cases....however, I have had real problems with the power supplies. On different occasions, on different purchases, I have had 6 out of 10 power supplies go bad within 6 months. Two of those six were DOA. Don't get me wrong....I really do love the case as it is a GREAT value. However....Enlight.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find someone else to provide your power supplies.

Thread Information