I feel out of dated do you?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I feel out of dated do you?

I feel out of dated do you?

It has been 3 and a half-year that I have been away from high school.
    Now that I have worked for one year at a high school as a computer service technician, I am now finding out that student at the start of year 10 can start doing computer-related Subjects out side University. Some people would already know this but itís all new news to me. Kids now that do computer-related Subjects out side university, now get exempt from the Subjects they did at high school when they go to University, what means less time and money at University. In a way I feel out of date. This wasnít herd of when I was back a school

How I am getting some hot headed students that think they are better than me and think they know everything about computers.

Has this happen to you?

[This message has been edited by Tech123 (edited 08-14-2001).]
    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.

Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

MitchSchaft Guest
    What the hell's a module?

sorry about that MitchSchaft
    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.

Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

MitchSchaft Guest
    lol! Sorry, I'm a dumb American.

i've been through a two-degree uni course in architecture and have now been employed by the uni as tutors to first year.

in terms of computer literacy there has been a massive leap. 6 years ago i thought myself fairly pc literate - i had used autocad 10 and could word quite well.
    email and internet was a whole new experience for me!

incoming students now have their own email accounts externally, have been using the internet for years.

like you though, most of them are cocky enough with their flush of youth to beleive they know beeter than me on architecture and design.
    but then i thought i was the best when i left for uni too

this thread.... off to general???
    ------------------
    'i suppose it is technically possible...
    but then i am already in my pyjamas'

[This message has been edited by ris (edited 08-14-2001).]
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

I hear ya' Tech123. When I was completing my VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education for those who don't know) 4 years ago, I figured I'd do three of my major CATs (Common Assesment Tasks) on computer for Graphics and Studio Art.

One was a website, the other two were 3d animations. I tell ya', it caused a major stir!! The school had no idea how to even look at computer generated work or how to grade it with the out dated marking system. I was the first student ever at that school to actually submit a CAT on CD! Before that, everything was done by hand or typed and printed. This is only 4 years ago!!

Now days that sort of thing is common place. My younger sister was able to do subjects at University whilst still in highschool.

------------------
    Hardware Central Members Gallery
    hwc-membersgallery.20m.com

Submit your photos!
    HWC_MembersGallery@bigfoot.com
    -----
    HWC ICQ Active List:

Thread Information