Off topic forum???? Gone??? - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic forum???? Gone???

I used to enjoy the OT forum, and I'm sorry it's gone. but It shouldent be a suprise to anyone. the way it has degraded in the past few months.......OH Well!! goodby OT

------------------
    Celeron 566@1065MHz,1.95v,
    Abit BE6-II Bios= RV , Abit Slocket3, Alpha-pep66+72wPELT, Micron PC133 {128mb) ,Gforce2MX@200\210 ,linskys 10/100, 3Com 10/100.Win98se/Win2kpro

Moderator @ jjr512 A Nice Place To Visit
    AMD Opteron 146 @ 2907MHz
    Abit AN8 NF4 Mobo
    XFX 7800GTX (486\1400)
    2 GB CORSAIR XMS PC3200
    2x 160 gig WD (sata raid-0)
    Zalman CNPS9500 Heatsink
    Antec Super LanBoy Case
    Antec 550w TruePowerII
    ViewSonic 19" LCD Widescreen

I was supprised at the closing of OT. It did need some direction. It seemed to be a contest between two posters as to which could clutter the most. Even though I had become less that happy with the way things were I wish something better could have been done.

R.I.P. OT

------------------
    don

The Bible was written by the same people who said the Earth was flat.

A clean sweep was needed at OT! I'm glad it's gone. It was counter-productive.

As for those who have threatened to leave HWC, please, keep your word!

Thanks to HWC for a job well done!

I implore the mature members to avoid responding to immature feedback.

Michael

------------------
    "The Most Important Things in Life are not Things"

[This message has been edited by Mikelh (edited 05-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mikelh (edited 05-30-2001).]

Justintime Guest
    A*s kisser

------------------
    Jr

HEY!!!!!!
    I'm closing in on 1000 posts. Where am I supposed to put my 1k post now?
    Damnit, I answered all those questions and I won't even get a celebratory 1k post!
    BAH

Well, I spent very little time there ever since I got called a bunch of mean names and generally flamed for making some claims about the civil war, even though I could prove them (and did). As is typical here, when I came back with proof of a few more points, the entire thread had been deleted, not even closed.

So, since I've mostly been posting somewhere else (won't say where ), it's no huge loss to me.

------------------
    Who needs sex when there's JJR512.com?
    JJR512.com bulletin board
    This space for rent. Advertise your business!

I came to this sire with my own questions on overclocking and learned enough stuff from you guys to help others out occasionally, and then it becomes the same with other forums, you ask, learn and help. A lot of the boards were becoming saturated with OT posts as true friendships began, so the OT Forum was born from this.

I can't deny that it was no longer the place it used to be, with riddles, maths, theology, jokes etc., all interesting stuff for guys like us. I found it disappointing trying to keep up with the interesting threads simply because of the volume of news posts! I loved a lot of them but there are other sites if people want that kind of thing. I've really grown up a lot at the OT Forum, a lot of questions I thought I had the answers to sorted in my head until a new thread shows everything in a different light and you can really discuss openly and refine your views on the world. I wrote on pretty much every major modern issue in that forum and was proud to have my opinion 'published'. I just wish I could go back and retrieve it all, I so wanted to keep my thoughts so I could re-read them in 20 years time and see what an arrogant, naive youth I was . I know it's sad and egotistical, but it was my writing and I want it back! There was absolutely no need to cut the forum off at the roots, just careful pruning of certain threads and members would have sent a powerful enough message, at least a warning could have been given to allow us to retrieve valued posts.

Anyway, I guess it will be back to business as usual on the main forums, with the odd OT thread popping up every now and then. Sure, we could all go and join a new message board to discuss OT stuff, but we are a club, the members of HWC and we want to talk to each other in our own site, because whoever may own it, it is OURS.

See you around guys, OC forum used to be the tops, I think I'll head there.

Bennyboy.
    If you've got your money for nothing, who cares if the chicks are free!

When I stumbled upon this forum I was quite impressed. These guys knew what they were talking about. Now I've soaked up a lot of knowledge, and I can't thank you enough.
    The end of the OT forum still comes as a shock.
    Let me explain, one quarter of my screen is reserved to TV while I use another quarter for my e-mail. One half of my screen is mostly used for HWC. Now the OT-forum has gone I might as well check it once a day, and find another site fill the space left empty.
    You won't notice the effect, I'd rather read than post, and OT was getting quite silly, but once in a while you could find a gem there.
    I hope there will be a more serious replacement to combat the tediousness of this site.
    Dunno.... just like to twiddle with things

I don't like Admin's decision to close off the OT forum:

First, OT forum is a place for users to joke, laugh, sharing thoughts and simply relax when they get bored of the other "hardcore" forums. Human beings are not machines and at times we all need to escape from all the "tech" stuff and talk about other stuff we are interested or simply read topics other people are interested. It is a place where people say what they want to say without having to worry too much about being censored.

Second, some individual's being a "troll" in a forum should not become the execuse to punish every user of that forum. There are people who never use OT forum. That is fine. But there are others do. Why do we have to punish them?

Third, somebody says the OT forum is "damaging the reputation of hardware central". I would disagree. The OT forum is just one of the over tens of forums in hardware central, although a popular one which I believe. I don't see why a comparatively small amount of posts from one of the many forums of hardwarecentral would become such a "damaging" force. If you don't like posts from the OT forum you can choose either to stay away from it or express your opinion in the OT forum. That is your free choice. The sudden closing of OT forum deprives people of their free choices and I believe this would indeed detrimental to the reputation of hardware central on the internet where freedom of choice and expression are usually respected.

OT forum used to be a BS forum, I'm glad it's gone.

Now, I think, I'll visit HWC more often.

------------------
    Gintaras,
    -------------------------
    Perception is reality
    Electric Sun Records
    Gintaras,
    Perception is reality
    Electric Sun Records

Im quite dissapointed myself that its gone, i found being able to express myself very enjoyable, its been a means of learning for me, its the first time in my life that ive ever pushed myself to really converse, from a written text point of view, debatting the different opinions, we all had, i never had any problems at all at OT,

------------------
    Duron 700@700
    Asus A7pro
    32 Herc Prophet MX
    256 PC 133 Cas 3
    46 gig Deskstar 7200
    17"old osborne monitor
    50x AOpen cdrom
    Turtle speed 56k modem
    elcheapo subwoofer

Religion divides, True Spirituality Unites.
    Athlon 1.2ghz
    Asus A7V 133
    512mgs 133
    40g IBM GXP
    Leadtek 64mg GF2Pro
    50x AOpen cdrom

Just because you can't see it, that dosn't mean that, it dosn't exist.

ALL YOUR OFF-TOPIC FORUM ARE BELONG TO US!

------------------
    Asus A7v
    Tbird 800
    256mb pc133
    40g ata100 Maxtor
    GF2 64mb
    Sony 5x dvd
    MP2 Decoder
    Sony 10x4x32
    SBLive
    DLink 10/100
    Win2k professional/server
    Asus A7v
    Tbird 800
    256mb pc133
    40g ata100 Maxtor
    GF2 64mb
    Sony 5x dvd
    MP2 Decoder
    Sony 10x4x32
    SBLive
    DLink 10/100
    Win2k professional/server

Too bad it's gone. ithought something was wrong with my browser when it didn't show up. I feel both ways about it. It was a good place to just go express your thoughts o share some crazy idea. On the other hadn it was getting kinda dumb and some pretty serious flame wars and very personal attacks became quite commonplace.
    I found it especially enjoyable to be able to find people who could debate a subject intelligently and yet keep a sense of humor. Too bad, guess I'll have to look elsewhere for an OT forum. At least with this the real contributors will be separated from those who just come to stir up trouble.

Good now we get to talk sh!t and bash on the other forums.

You signed your rights away when you accepted the AUP.

------------------
    Come to the Dark Side, where free speech is King. http://forums.overclockers-network.com/

Thread Information