So which is the proper forum to discuss other websites?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: So which is the proper forum to discuss other websites?

So which is the proper forum to discuss other websites?

Say if compucheap.com has a deal on SOny 19" monitors for $199 or if everything ordered from buy.com is taking 3 weeks to ship.

Or what if Google has a really cool new image search tool http://www.google.com/help/features.html#images .

Or what if a formerly trusted hardware site is somewhat suspect now.

Which forum here would you use to talk about these matters.

General
    "Imagine a world where dogs took bad owners to the pound."

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

Yes, your first three examples are helpful and relevant, though (as has been discussed at length elsewhere) HwC no longer has Off Topic and the mods and I try to draw a distinction between mentioning or citing other sites and extensive discussion of 'em, whether bashing or trolling for members (both of which we've seen) ... if you're just plain determined to start a rant about "Site X sucks," I say again, take it to Site X. Ranting that HwC sucks? Bring it on!

Best,
    Eric

------------------
    Eric Grevstad
    Managing Editor, Hardware Central

Hiyas
    Its an interesting case study at HWC about censorship. It can't be assumed about a forum web site will allow exchange of ideas between it's users.
    Well Todo we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Bronto

We must be...over the rainbow!

Originally posted by egrevstad:
    Yes, your first three examples are helpful and relevant, though (as has been discussed at length elsewhere) HwC no longer has Off Topic and the mods and I try to draw a distinction between mentioning or citing other sites and extensive discussion of 'em, whether bashing or trolling for members (both of which we've seen) ... if you're just plain determined to start a rant about "Site X sucks," I say again, take it to Site X. Ranting that HwC sucks? Bring it on!

Best,
    Eric

nevermind, i don't even care to comment

[This message has been edited by s4 (edited 07-02-2001).]

What if you want to get Hardware Central members opinions on their experiences with a hardware site?

I would like to know if they agree/disagree that the site has slipped and is not a trusted resource anymore.

Seems reasonable right?

Sorry, flav, it seems we're destined to disagree on this ... You've made it clear that you'd like to start a discussion on your opinion that Sharky Extreme has gone downhill, and I've replied that (a.) HwC no longer has Off Topic, but (b.) Sharky Extreme has a thriving feedback forum, with everything from compliments to the lively "SE gone to sh*t" thread, so I don't see the point of having one here. Ditto for discussions of Virtual Dr, OCN, jjr512.com, ZDNet, or [insert site other than HwC].

Have a safe and happy holiday,
    Eric

------------------
    Eric Grevstad
    Managing Editor, Hardware Central

Thread Information