Started with a bang, ending with a fizzle
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Started with a bang, ending with a fizzle

Hybrid View

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)

Started with a bang, ending with a fizzle

My first post here was after reading about hardware and such for months. At the time, the Intel/AMD war was as hot as ever, and several of the Mods and members were into the flaming pretty deep. I finally could not stand it, and decided to post with my opinion, simply pointing out that what was going on was not attractive to propspective members; hence the name "outside looking in." I never planned on sticking around, but found the friendly family atmosphere relaxing and decided to give it a chance.

Since my first post was to complain about a need for a cleanup, it seems ironic that my last post is to complain about just such a cleanup. The removal of the OT forum marks the end of my routine visiting of HWC. I'm sure I'll drop by to read Hoyle's, Todd a's, and OneEng's predictions about the market and technology trends from time to time, but that's about it. Unfortunately, the cleanup killed the family atmosphere that I found relaxing. Now this place is a dead, dry, unorganized gathering of opinions and facts, sort of like a horribly written and incomplete techno enclyclopedia... who would ever consult one unless they had no other place to turn? That's exactly how I feel now. Where as before, when I would check here first because I could find so many interesting things other that what I needed, I will now check here only after I have exhausted every other possible source of information. This place is painful to visit. Good job guys, and I hope your banner sponsors let you know just how good of a job you did.

------------------
    Those who fear the facts will forever try to discredit the fact finders. - Daniel C. Dennett

--------------

Dual Palomino @ 1.9 GHz
    3 X15 Cheetah's in Raid
    2GB DDR SDRAM CAS 2 @ 400 MHz
    Radeon II
    smokin' crack...
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

ohhhh get over it,your hooked and you know it,HWC rocks and you love the gossip
    P.S- You wouldnt be back if you werent slitely interested,lol
    I believe we have been here before

It has been along time since that poST,although I remember it well

------------------
    • T-Bird 1 Gig(Alpha pal 6035)
    • Asus A7v
    • GeForce annihilator 2 Gts Ultra(64 mb)
    • Kingston pc150(256MB)
    • X-Gamer (sound)
    • Plextor CDRW(12X10X32)
    • 16X dvd(KENWOOD)
    • 1.6a @ 2.5
    • Asus P4b 266-C
    • Mushkin High Perf.(512)DDR
    • Plextor CDRW(12X10X32)

Deanril Guest
    Pretty Clear and accurate Picture there Outside looking in.

Im with ya ,But to tell ya the truth ,it doesnt matter to the people in charge.

Fact ,the people running the show have less then 500 post ,they have no clue as to the attractiveness of this BBS.

Fact ,they dont care about you ,they dont care about me ,they dont care about anyone but numeral uno ,they make decissions that they feel will make them look good to their superiors and could care of the ramafactions of said decissions.

Fact ,they dont care or have the passion we posess to help others ,and in the endless pursuit of the "need for speed".They more then likey own Dell's and call Dell when somethings broken ,completely overlooking the wealth of knowledge in their own work envirement.

Fact ,This place is a College ,its a FREE computer education if you let it be,I went from knowing barely anything to owning my own computer store in 3 years from day 1 of owning a PC ,all because of this AWESOME BBS ,which they choose to do with as they please in a dictatorship fashion.

It may be owned by internet.com and you may work for them ,but this place has a life of its own in which you can never understand nor appreciate in the slightest, some people work all day and look forward to coming home and going to HWC because of this greatness it has.

This is only one mod I respect ,and hes old school and thats Balloneyflaps ,oh and Blade runner,the rest dont even care to know them ,even Toolbox is out the window now ,with his current status.

You people just dont get it.........and never will.......

VeryTrueI think I remember outsidelookingin`s post so well Is because It too was a time when I really enjoyed HWC
    I think I have posted maybe a dozen times in the last year.

------------------
    • T-Bird 1 Gig(Alpha pal 6035)
    • Asus A7v
    • Kingston pc150(256MB)
    • X-Gamer (sound)
    • Plextor CDRW(12X10X32)
    • 16X dvd(KENWOOD)
    • 1.6a @ 2.5
    • Asus P4b 266-C
    • Mushkin High Perf.(512)DDR
    • Plextor CDRW(12X10X32)

Deanril Guest
    Jesus ,theres homeless refugees spilling into all the forums ,they dont know how to post anything but off topic........... The Horror

Justintime Guest

------------------
    Jr

------------------
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

------------------
    MY GOD!!! A RANDY SQUIRREL!
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

hey, Justin, I just realised.

You overtook me

------------------
    MY GOD!!! A RANDY SQUIRREL!
    Main PC: A64 3200+ | 1024MB Kingston RAM (Dual Channel) | WD 160GB | Seagate SATA 160GB w/NCQ | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe | Connect3D ATi X800XL Pci-E | Coolermaster ATC-710 case | Antec NeoPower 480w PSU | Toshiba 27wl46 27" TFT

HwC member's gallery - Upload your picture here

Team HwC Folding@Home results - Find out how to sign up here!

Justintime Guest
    KERBOOM! sorry dude! an incentive to post more!

------------------
    Jr

I guess we found a place were it is still ok to artificially increase our post counts and off topic?

-----to be deleted?-----

------------------
    ------------------
    P933, 133MHZ FSB, 256M RAM
    Ultra 160, 18.2GB Cheetah
    Annihilator Pro, SBLIVE, DVD, FPS SOUND
    MS Force Feedback, Cable Modem.
    AKA- The ultimate gaming machine.
    ------------------
    P933, 133MHZ FSB, 256M RAM
    Ultra 160, 18.2GB Cheetah
    Annihilator Pro, SBLIVE, DVD, FPS SOUND
    MS Force Feedback, Cable Modem.
    AKA- The ultimate gaming machine.

Nah, just locked ... I don't want anyone to gripe about my deleting or censoring a "boo to HwC" thread, but my spam-sense was tingling ...

Thread Information