Private Coffee Shop???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Private Coffee Shop???

Private Coffee Shop???

What's the status on the private chat room idea someone suggested a while back? Not even being considered... still thinking about it... or will definately do it one day?

I believe that was an excellent suggestion worth persueing... maybee locking down the off-topic into private - by invitation only. As said before by the origional suggestor... the first timers just strolling thru this site would not be exposed to the negativity of off-topic. I'm not against off topic-I do a majority of my posting there, but that is enough to give a new comer a negative impression of our wonderful HWC site as a whole.

This post was written for your information only. Any injuries resulting from this post is NOT MY FAULT! And of course if you get busted in any way because of this, it ain't my fault either.

Hiya,

Just in case you didnt notice this is an old post.

Just wondering what has been going on with forum ideas? ( I really like this one )

Also what ever happened to the idea managment had for senior member titles?
    ( We where asked for opinions )

It would be nice to have something new once in a while.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

Was just thinking about a private forum...

I would not want the general public missing out on computer tips.. thats not cool... so it would have to be an off topic type forum... like perhaps the current one?

Just a thought.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

So how would that work, Once youve been around posting hardware related questions/answers say 500 posts or so, then you would recieve a password to an OT forum? Might be a good idea to keep out trolls and first timers who accidentally navigate in there....

Housen Maratouk Guest
    I will not create any private forums. That is not in line with the atmosphere I would wish to promote on this site.

As for additional member levels, this comes up pretty periodically. The following thread contains the response I made one of those times:
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/000344.html

------------------
    Housen Maratouk
    Editor, Online Communities
    internet.com Corporation
    hmaratouk@internet.com

Thread Information