Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum - Page 8
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum

Leave CC&O alone.

Yes I could do without some of the posts, and yes, some of the good stuff gets buried by trash.

But nothing sucks the life out of things like artificial control. Life is full of things that are out of control; that's what makes it real.

People who don't get that concept tend to cycle from confused, to unhappy, to angry, to bitter. (not that I've noticed any of that around here...)

------------------
    Free advice, and worth every penny.
    Free advice, and worth every penny.

Rich, I now see why you have so many posts by your name....you never quit *****ing....If you don't like our little part of the world stay the hell out of it!

Just my 2 cents Dr.Todd

How could this possibly be a problem?!?! If there is an off topic post and you don't want to read it---DON'T READ IT!!!! And by all means don't reply, it only encourages it. I haven't been posting here long, but it seems that some people get upset at the smallest things. I thought we were all adults here, but maybe I was mistaken. I may be inviting disaster by posting this, but what the heck, you only live--and die-once!

------------------
    Fair the world is not, Fair is where you take your pig for a ribbon!
    Fair the world is not, Fair is where you take your pig for a ribbon!

Hmmm,

Looks like a bar fight to me! Guys, tone it down and stop hacking at each other or I'm gonna have to close this thread and any threads that might follow.

I suggest we keep the OT stuff in the OT forum, although I doubt this will fit in any forum with all of he personal attacks going back and forth.

Stop acting like a bunch of teens, we're all grown ups here, walk away if a discussion turns ugly or just reply with a neutral response. Personal attacks might give you the adrenalin rush you're looking for but I suggest you seek that elsewhere as this is not the place, nor the time, for those kind of actions.

Thanks and best regards,

Sander Sassen
    Siteleader at HardwareCentral
    Email: ssassen@hardwarecentral.com
    Visit us at http://www.hardwarecentral.com

Yay, Sander!

Someone got it right. What's HWC's opinion of the CC&O forum then?
    **********************__,__
    *************.--.**.-"*****"-.**.--.
    ************/*..*\/**.-.*.-.**\/*..*\
    ***********|*|**'|**/***Y***\**|'**|*|
    ***********|*\***\**\*0*| 0*/**/**/*|
    ************\*'-*,\.-"`` ``"-./,*-'*/
    *************`'-'*/_***^ ^***_\*'-'`
    *************.--'|**\._****_./**|'--.
    ***********/`****\***\ `~`*/***/***`\
    **********/*******'._*'---'*_.'*******\
    *********/***********'~---~'***|*******\
    ********/********_.*************\*******\
    *******/***.'-./`/********.'~'-.|\*******\
    ******/***/****`\:*******/******`\'.******\
    *****/***|*******;******|**********.`;****/
    ******\***\*******;******\***********\/***/
    *******/****;*******\*******\***`**/
    ********'._'.*****\*******'.******|***;/_
    *****jgs**/__>*****'.*******\_*_*_/***,**'--.
    ********.'***'.***.-~~~~~-.*/*****|--'`~~-.**\
    *******//*/*.---'/**.-~~-._/*/*/*/---..__.'**/
    ******((_(_/****/**/******(_(_(_(---.__****.'
    ****************|*|*****_**************`~~`
    ****************|*|*****\'.
    *****************\*'....'*|
    ******************'.,___.'

Originally posted by Rich:
    Yeah I know... you guys stick together
    as thick as theives....
    Ok, I was going to give my not-so-humble two cents on how I love the forum as is (with the exception of a few picture postings that leave the page way too wide for a good word wrap), but man oh man Rich you are in your own world.

I may be a socially inept loner, but you are delusional!!!

hehe I hope that finishes the thread...peace out y'all.

[This message has been edited by MSMStud (edited 05-30-2000).]

Rich

It appears to me you just come out with stuff like this to get a reaction. I also remember reading something totally unbiased by you regarding us PIII owners as if we have some type of plague.

some facts the forum is called Cases, Cooling and Overclocking

so that would suggest to me it isn't just an overclocking forum, yes?. Also have a look at the main title, If the Hardware Central people have the word overclocked as the first part off their sites description then if would seem obvious that is an important feature of the site.

I'm afraid this post seems almost pointless and off topic to me as the occasional, "have a look a Britneys latest silicon" type posts we get. You really are making a mountain out of a mole hill as this helps to break up the monotony that a strict information only site would achieve.

I have found that other forums also suffer this including the CPU forum. I usually visit the Cases, cooling and overclocking, video cards and software nowadays as in the past there were too many stupid "AMD sucks" or "Intel are ****" threads that had 100 postings in the CPU forum.

My point is that if you castrate and sterilize the forums then you will kill the personality that makes them tick and keeps members like me here helping others

Regards BladeRunner

To me the idea of rules is to keep the majority of people in that environment relatively happy, if something bothers, then usually they talk about it, come up with a "rule" to prevent it and so they solve the problem, I for one do not have a problem at all with OT's in the oc forum, I actually like it there, as it's less for me to do, to get to them, I don't even have to switch forums.
    I'm noticing that almost all the regular OC'ers don't mind it either......
    therefor, why have the rule of "no OT post's on OC", if most people don't have a problem with it.
    Go ahead...... lick my BLOCK
    This is my website

Consider the source. I will not even mention his name because he does not exist for me. I stopped paying attention to what he had to say a long time ago for this reason. This thread is prime example of him venting again. Let this die..Our point has been made. The more we fame back at him the more we stoop to his level..

B/K

R,

Flame out jack.

This entire HWC site was great fun way BEFORE you got here dude. Take your whiny tune and play it in somebody elses yard.

Look, "Overclockers" it is our sworn duty to push the boundaries of anything and everything we can. CPUs, Vid cards, MBs, PCIs, AGPs, anything. A problem with having a good time at the same time?

WHaaaaa, whaaaaa, whaaaaa. The overclockers are having too much FUN! Whaaaa.

While yer out Rich: Get a clue. This is fun.

Kind regards,

Kash

well, I am on the CC&O forum, stop *****ing about it. How come nobody from OT supported you??

you know the reason??

try not to sleep tonight and think it over

salt

------------------

Alright Rich,

looks like I'm jumping in here a bit late and all. Geez, this is already at 3 pages!

First off Rich, I do respect you. You've been around here a while and I think you're a decent guy.

However, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. If you ask me, I think you're just a bit bitter because your Athlons never overclocked well and now you're a bit more upset because you are not getting a ton of responses to your questions.

Well, my main arguement is going to be that deleting all the "off topic" threads as you call em, is not going to make people more likely to post responses to your questions. Where is your logic there? If someone has the knowlege and the willingness to help you they are going to post a response regardless if unrelated threads exist. If you don't like the off topic stuff, I guess don't read em.

As a side note, didn't you consider coming to the CPU forum? What are you trying to do again? If I recall you once posted something about going to a dual 600e at 800 setup to better your SETI crunch times. In my humble opinion that is one of the worse reasons I've heard of to upgrade a computer but hey, it's your money, more power to you. So I guess the bottom line is you wanna OC your cumines. Pos a question in the CPU forum and I'll at least try and give you a hand.

With all that said, hopefully you can drop your crusade against the OCing forum gurus and let them be. I too share your feelings towards off topic posts at times, but hey, this is a democracy(or as it would seem) and majority rules. Sorry buddy, but it looks like it's you against the world here.

So let's drop this and get some productive work done, like getting your machine up and purrrrrring like a cat! Or with the cooling you might need, roaring like a jet engine.

Again Rich, not flaming ya, not ragging on you...

Kind Regards,

Luds-

Alright Rich,

looks like I'm jumping in here a bit late and all. Geez, this is already at 3 pages!

First off Rich, I do respect you. You've been around here a while and I think you're a decent guy.

However, I think you're barking up the wrong tree. If you ask me, I think you're just a bit bitter because your Athlons never overclocked well and now you're a bit more upset because you are not getting a ton of responses to your questions.

Well, my main arguement is going to be that deleting all the "off topic" threads as you call em, is not going to make people more likely to post responses to your questions. Where is your logic there? If someone has the knowlege and the willingness to help you they are going to post a response regardless if unrelated threads exist. If you don't like the off topic stuff, I guess don't read em.

As a side note, didn't you consider coming to the CPU forum? What are you trying to do again? If I recall you once posted something about going to a dual 600e at 800 setup to better your SETI crunch times. In my humble opinion that is one of the worse reasons I've heard of to upgrade a computer but hey, it's your money, more power to you. So I guess the bottom line is you wanna OC your cumines. Pos a question in the CPU forum and I'll at least try and give you a hand.

With all that said, hopefully you can drop your crusade against the OCing forum gurus and let them be. I too share your feelings towards off topic posts at times, but hey, this is a democracy(or as it would seem) and majority rules. Sorry buddy, but it looks like it's you against the world here.

So let's drop this and get some productive work done, like getting your machine up and purrrrrring like a cat! Or with the cooling you might need, roaring like a jet engine.

Again Rich, not flaming ya, not ragging on you...

Kind Regards,

Luds-

Rich, Jesus Christ man, what the hell is wrong with you? Let the administrators decide what needs to be here and what doesn't need to be here. I'm sorry you didn't get your answer right when you wanted to, but lots of people do, and sometimes it takes a second topic to get a really good answer. The off topic forum is too moody, so I don't go there. The CC&O forum is a group of friends that like to share knowledge and to share funny/interesting things with each other. Why do you want to destroy a forum you have nothing to do with? I imagine if you have this many enemies on the internet, you must be one razor blade short of commiting suicide in real life. Don't make war, make love.
    You people who think you know everything really piss people like me off who really do know everything.
    http://geocities.com/r337m0nk3y/net/smileysex5.gif

Rich??......errr....Jeffy? which should i call you? did anyone ever check to see if there the same person??

there's your ****ing wakeup call.. pull your head out of your ***
    Worlds Loudest Subwoofers.... Nasa technology..
    They sound Great (they also make studio equipment)

-= Digital Designs =-

Disclosure Project

The movement to end the coverup of advanced tech -see Scaler Waves

Thread Information