Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum

hey Rich I may not post very often but I do read in most of the topics. the OC and cpu being my favorites. you are one of the ones I always see here. why disgrace yourself like this. you are a respected member. granted I don't care for some of the posts that are here but I do find the posts I like and read each reply. If people want to do some off subject posts then its ok. just try to keep them in the proper "off-topic" section.

there are alot of people out there and not everyone will be happy with any decision,

I have to agree with Rich on this one. It makes sense to have all overclocking threads together without having OT threads all over the place. If someone feels like reading some off topic posts, then hit the back arrow and goto the OT forum. How hard is that to do?
    Unofficial Blizzard and Hardware Tech support.
    http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums

600R...

You say if I dont like the OC forum dont go to it? Where should I go for my overclocking needs? Do you know of a good site that sticks to overclocking? If you do please fill me in.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

I know I'll be biased on this one since I'm the moderator "over there", but IMHO this forum is going very well. I made a "survey" ( http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/006929.html ) a few weeks ago after reading one of your (Rich) other posts. The PEOPLE was very clear here:

Quote by Big Lar:

"Hmmm...As to this forum being Moderated incorrectly, I'm not seeing it... Yes, occasionally the guys post off-topic, but I think that helps in Breaking up the Manotiny<spelled wrong.......Anyhow,Yes we all know that f**f = ****... but at least the guys have the decency to not type it Blatantly....Also, I find Rich to be a rude SOB, I use AOL, does that make me a "Lesser Human Being"??? To sum it up, I think your doing a good job Duckman, There could be a bit less "Banter" on the forum, shrug... Of course thats true at any forum tho. "

This quote basically sums it up. Now, Rich before you go on and say "That thread only proves my point here" I'd like to say that as long as there ain't no flames or any get offended by the posts (you have to admit that it is somehow ammusing), I can not see any reason to change something that goes that well.

I'm pretty sure most of the folks in "my" forum likes it and [wants[/i] it the way it is. Yes, we do get off.topic from time to time, but I think that just add more "personality" to the forum. I'm open for any suggestions as long as the PEOPLE want's it that way.

I'm sorry if you didn't get the replys you wanted, but that happens from time to time. In fact, I have seen a lot of threads from other forums been re-posted in the OC-forum because we're faster in replying than the others.

As always, this is my stance on the matter, and people are yet again free to tell me their own oppinions.

Thanks.

Duckman

------------------
    Visit my homepage:
    Duckman's Wild Page
    Site Content: Overclocking, cooling and a lot of BS about Me, Myself and I.
    Sorry, I didn't hear you, I was staring at your breasts.

[This message has been edited by Duckman (edited 05-30-2000).]

ROTFLMAO

The last post in the OC forum... bet it gets 100 replys

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/007462.html

New Hardware Central
    members homepage

Arghh...

Too much angst guys, chill out. First things first, It Is Only A Forum. Stop getting so political about a friendly place to chat and ask advice. I'm sure if HWC didn't like this forum, Sander would pop along and give us grief about it, or change the moderator before they kicked the forum. I learnt everything I know about OC'ing, granted it aint that much, but it's enough to get my celly to 585. I answer any questions I can, and usually at least try to post something on 0 reply topics, 'cos I hate it when I don't get relpies on my topics. In fact, I get LESS replies on the other forums than this one, which is why I ask all my questions here. I've made some friends and we chat BS, but I think you have to ask the question "Who cares", and wait for answers dude. I don't think you'll get many "I hate this forum now" answers. Quite the opposite I think. There is nothing wrong with putting the suffix OT in, I used to not do it, but now I do, 'cos it's polite and you don't have to read it if you don't want to. The CC&O forum is the best forum on HWC, no contest, the others are slow and boring and have never really helped me. If you stop all the BS, all the core members will leave, and then there will be no-one around to help anybody.

Do you See?

I hope so.

------------------
    James Neave
    cs97jjn@brunel.ac.uk
    Brunel University
    **********************__,__
    *************.--.**.-"*****"-.**.--.
    ************/*..*\/**.-.*.-.**\/*..*\
    ***********|*|**'|**/***Y***\**|'**|*|
    ***********|*\***\**\*0*| 0*/**/**/*|
    ************\*'-*,\.-"`` ``"-./,*-'*/
    *************`'-'*/_***^ ^***_\*'-'`
    *************.--'|**\._****_./**|'--.
    ***********/`****\***\ `~`*/***/***`\
    **********/*******'._*'---'*_.'*******\
    *********/***********'~---~'***|*******\
    ********/********_.*************\*******\
    *******/***.'-./`/********.'~'-.|\*******\
    ******/***/****`\:*******/******`\'.******\
    *****/***|*******;******|**********.`;****/
    ******\***\*******;******\***********\/***/
    *******/****;*******\*******\***`**/
    ********'._'.*****\*******'.******|***;/_
    *****jgs**/__>*****'.*******\_*_*_/***,**'--.
    ********.'***'.***.-~~~~~-.*/*****|--'`~~-.**\
    *******//*/*.---'/**.-~~-._/*/*/*/---..__.'**/
    ******((_(_/****/**/******(_(_(_(---.__****.'
    ****************|*|*****_**************`~~`
    ****************|*|*****\'.
    *****************\*'....'*|
    ******************'.,___.'

Originally posted by Rich:
    ROTFLMAO

The last post in the OC forum... bet it gets 100 replys

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/007462.html

Yeah, well, that's 'cos we don't have a computer furniture forum now, is it?

Daishi

**********************__,__
    *************.--.**.-"*****"-.**.--.
    ************/*..*\/**.-.*.-.**\/*..*\
    ***********|*|**'|**/***Y***\**|'**|*|
    ***********|*\***\**\*0*| 0*/**/**/*|
    ************\*'-*,\.-"`` ``"-./,*-'*/
    *************`'-'*/_***^ ^***_\*'-'`
    *************.--'|**\._****_./**|'--.
    ***********/`****\***\ `~`*/***/***`\
    **********/*******'._*'---'*_.'*******\
    *********/***********'~---~'***|*******\
    ********/********_.*************\*******\
    *******/***.'-./`/********.'~'-.|\*******\
    ******/***/****`\:*******/******`\'.******\
    *****/***|*******;******|**********.`;****/
    ******\***\*******;******\***********\/***/
    *******/****;*******\*******\***`**/
    ********'._'.*****\*******'.******|***;/_
    *****jgs**/__>*****'.*******\_*_*_/***,**'--.
    ********.'***'.***.-~~~~~-.*/*****|--'`~~-.**\
    *******//*/*.---'/**.-~~-._/*/*/*/---..__.'**/
    ******((_(_/****/**/******(_(_(_(---.__****.'
    ****************|*|*****_**************`~~`
    ****************|*|*****\'.
    *****************\*'....'*|
    ******************'.,___.'

Duckman,

I have a lot of respect for you.. I know you dont beleive that after all the trouble I have caused... but I feel I am right.

The problem is you are a part of overclocking at HWC past when it was unmoderated.. or in other words part of the "click"

The forum has been going downhill since it started.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage

I am new to HWC and have gotten lots of needed information from the site and 90% of this information has come from the OC/forum. If it were not for the OC/forum I probably would not be visiting HWC daily because quite frankly Scarlett, there are days I actually do not have a problem with my computer. However on each of those days I still visit HWC because sometimes there are some interesting posts that are OT and I actually scroll through the posts to see if there are any.

I cannot figure out RICH whether you are a very very busy person and find it just sooooo much trouble to scroll through 25 posts over at the OC/forum to find what you want (which by the way the titles are usually pretty descriptive, so there is no need to read the ones you are not interested in); or whether you are a very very unbusy person who is terribly in need of a semblance of a life and this crusade you constantly wage against the OC/forum is the best you can manage.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why there always has to be somebody everywhere you go who is constantly trying to cause trouble, but it seems thats just the way life is. I guess it is a nasty job, somebody has to do it and you were chosen to be the malcontent for this little corner of the world RICH.

I do not know you RICH, we have never had any correspondence (good or bad) and were it not for all of your posts concerning the OC/forum, I would not even know who you are. But, quite frankly sir I am not terribly drawn to make your acquaitance. Just as I am not drawn to meet people who tell others they should not smoke, they should not drink, they should not do any list of other things they deem people should not do.

You may succeed in your mission to reform, cleanse, or do away with the OC/forum, which you have taken on as being so necessary of your imminent protection; and if you do I hope it gives you some satisfaction and makes you feel important to yourself. Because that is all there is to be gained from it. There are others (including myself) that will find some other little corner of the Internet to visit during that time we spend at HWC and when we do you and HWC will soon be forgotten.

I have gotten nothing but good information, lots of greatly appreciated help, and even a little bit of humor at the OC/forum. However if you manage to eventually do away with it, I'm sure I can live without it.

I am really surprised you got any responses to your posts over there at all, since I never see your name associated with anything but trouble making at the OC/forum. And as far as being sooooo much trouble to find information over there, I don't think I would bother to look at a thread about "hottest babe", "OT", "drunken dog", or anything resembling that if I wanted information about a dual chip pc.

That is my whole $1.50 worth of input and RICH I certainly hope you can find something to amuse yourself with besides trying to reform the OC/forum, because if you manage to do it GOD only knows what you will decide to reform next. You self appointed reformers are hazardous to the rest of us citizens.

Which reminds me that somewhere out there is some guy who decided I was too stupid to make the proper decision about whether to put my seat belt on or not and got a law passed against me not doing it. Since I failed to follow his wishes recently, I have a ticket to pay today because of his decision, so I had better take a shower and get dressed, so I can get to court on time. But I think I will stop by the OC/forum before I log off and see if there is anything "interesting" in a thread there. Hasta La Bye Bye.
    No matter how good she looks, some guy, somewhere, is already tired of her chit.

Oh please Duckie get a life!!

I am talking about simple BBS rules and consideration here..... geeze!
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage

Rich, maybe you should try to actually read his post instead of slashing yet another member with a much appreciated and well founded opinion.

Geez, this is getting out of hand. Can't we just all get along and be a little more forgiving ? This is so tiring, there is nothing good to be had from all this.

If you gusy want to eteranlly discuss and blab about a goddamn forum, a virtual spot on the World wide Wait, then please do.
    I'm not gonna spend anymore of my energy and time on this case.

I see your point of wanting to have just O/C topics and nothing else, but as Duckman said, the forum is going great and I personally don't think it is really spoiled with OT, 5% would be too much a guess already. And the few that are OT in there, get a lot of posts yeah, because we people like to have some fun sometimes. It's not like 90% of the posts are OT.

You ought to get a life Rich, and let go of things a bit more instead of biting yourself into this.

[This message has been edited by Stoffie (edited 05-30-2000).]
    We came from the stars so they say, now it's time to go back. If I was conceived today, I would not get beyond eight cells, and yet here I am. In a way they were right, I don't have the heart for this world.

The question is, why am I having so much trouble dying?

its just a simple forum that we all enjoy!!

why not leave it that way

??

salt

------------------

Maybe you should try looking for overclocking information in the overclocking forum... and off topic posts in the off topic forum.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage

We do not want to because we do not like the Off Topic forum. In much the same way you do not like the Overclocking forum at the moment. We don't like what we see in there.

[This message has been edited by lord_gumby (edited 05-30-2000).]
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

Open your eyes Rich, try not to be so short sighted and stick to those horrible principles all the time. Besides, this is not YOUR forum or YOUR WORLD OR YOUR WWW, it belongs to all of us, and it's great as it is, according to a lot of members, so leave it that way.

This is a forum, if everyone just says what he thinks, but nobody listens to eachother, then where are we ?
    Talking next to eachother is not communicating.
    This is just getting nowhere.

SIGH

[This message has been edited by Stoffie (edited 05-30-2000).]
    We came from the stars so they say, now it's time to go back. If I was conceived today, I would not get beyond eight cells, and yet here I am. In a way they were right, I don't have the heart for this world.

The question is, why am I having so much trouble dying?

Thread Information