Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum

You and me may only add up to two members.. but if its okay in the OC forum then its okay everywhere... and I will use these rights fully.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

Oh jeez, this is gonna get ugly. I HATE ugly threads!
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

Originally posted by Rich:
    I have been going to Anandtec for overclocking info because I am not in the OC click here I dont get answered.. thats why I emailed you privatly last time.
    I wouldn't say you don't get reply. When you posted about your o/c'ing problems, you had 4 replies. Granted, it's not exactly flaming folders, but given the fact that you are talking about a dual slot 1/2 mobo with GX chipset and the fact that not too much guys are familiar such mobo, it's not surprising you don't get 30 replies.
    And anyhow, new members comes and ask questions all the time and they get replies, so I don't see why the others on the o/c forum would choose to snub you as you have suggested.

Anyhow, I would like to discuss this in more details with you, but I gotta hit the sack. Lets wait a day or so and let the members who use the o/c forum voice their opinions and believes first so that we have concrete data to base any decisions on.

So basically the O/C forum should become a boring place with no room for humor and some kidding around ? If, I'll be another one to leave.
    Rich, no offense dude, but you are starting to sound like my old man. This forum is full of young blood as well, and if you can not cope with that, then I guess you are the one at the wrong place.
    The O/C forum is the coolest around here, and as Niteowl said, the most productive, despite all that BS, according to you, I really don't see your problem.
    You are blowing up a mosquito to the size of an elephant. And you saying that if it doesn't stop, you are gonna spam other forums, says more about your own childish nature than anything else.

If saying this means my ban from this site,then so be it, I don't care. If people can't even have fun anymore, not even on the Net, then what's next ? Brave New World, dating back to 1984 ? I hope not...

[This message has been edited by Stoffie (edited 05-30-2000).]
    We came from the stars so they say, now it's time to go back. If I was conceived today, I would not get beyond eight cells, and yet here I am. In a way they were right, I don't have the heart for this world.

The question is, why am I having so much trouble dying?

Rich, please don't abuse your rights. You are respected around here. Don't drag yourself through the mud (like Jeffy). It is one thing to correct a problem when there is actually a problem. It is another thing to generate a problem then complain about a problem. Anyhow, I am going to bed.

To everyone
    Please be civilize about this. There is no need get personal about this and degenerate into something lesser respectibility.

Stoffie, my statement was not directed to you. Sorry for been long winded, but lets not get into a flaming war. Lets just say what we believe about the forum and how it can best serve you (constructive argument/discussion).

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 05-30-2000).]

I think Rich's point is that fun and joking around are exactly what the OT forum was created for. If you don't think the posts there are interesting enough, then post topics that you think would make it better. There should be one place for socializing, a lobby if you will, and everything else should be for specific topics. At least, this is what I think Rich means.
    Athlon 64 2800+
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Win XP Pro SP2

I was talking about 600E's on a BX chipset... twice... seems nobody knows about that stuff.

I placed an off topic post in each of the forums.. it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

I agree with Rich on this point:

if its okay in the OC forum then its okay everywhere...
    I know your point was not to say off topic is actually OK every where, but I remember the days around here when it was. I enjoyed every forum back then. But back then the off topic posts were not offensive to any one or so entirely off topic as to drive people away. Any offensive off topic posts were delt with and people got over it quickly. Now with Duckman moderating the CC&O fourm the offensive posts are delt with more quickly.
    I would like this place more if people didn't make such a big deal out of off topic posts, but that would require people using restraint and good taste with their off topic subjects.
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

Rich I would like to suggest that you NOT follow through with your plan to flame all forums just yet. Wait a bit and e how this turns out first at least. Thanks.
    Athlon 64 2800+
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Win XP Pro SP2

We don't mind a good jokes once a while in the o/c forum...

I agree lately, people seems to be leaving, especially the ones who can help.

well

salt

------------------

Niteowl, I know your post wasn't directed to me, I was just trying to spill my thoughts about this.
    And I still don't know why Rich keeps on bashing Lord Gumby...
    And I just don't get Rich's irritation concerning all this. I never hear anyone complain but him.

And I agree with you, I am tired of this all as well, the short time I have been on this forum, it's been always something, just blowing up something out of proportion, to no end.
    I try to help as many people as I can, with the limited knowledge I have, and if Rich feels neglected or whatever, then maybe that's also because of his attitude, i don't know. But why would you need 50 replies if 4 can help fine ? (not sure if they did though). Just my two cents here.
    We came from the stars so they say, now it's time to go back. If I was conceived today, I would not get beyond eight cells, and yet here I am. In a way they were right, I don't have the heart for this world.

The question is, why am I having so much trouble dying?

Originally posted by NiteOwl:
    [B] And anyhow, new members comes and ask questions all the time and they get replies, so I don't see why the others on the o/c forum would choose to snub you as you have suggested.
    [B]

Each person to there own I say. If you don't like the O'cing forum, don't go to it. Stick to the ones you like. Many people have great interest in the o'cing forum, including myself. So, if you only like cpu's, stay at cpu's and just ignore the others. Then everybody's happy.

Later, 600R

------------------
    See my homepage for free downloads!

CLICK HERE!

NEW - Games section
    Duron 700@1100 2.1v Air Cooled - RIP

Originally posted by saltedeggman:
    I agree lately, people seems to be leaving, especially the ones who can help.
    Here is a hint:

Originally posted by Stoffie:
    [b]I am tired of this all as well, the short time I have been on this forum, it's been always something, just blowing up something out of proportion, to no end.
    B]
    Here is mine:

Originally posted by NiteOwl:
    I am tired of the infighting and bickering ... no good will come of this.
    Rich, have you consider that you may also inadvertedly be contributing HWC's tarnished image?

Thread Information