Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum

Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum

The overclocking forum is a seperate community from the rest of Hardware Central.
    Its regulars treat it as if it was a compleate
    hardware site within itself including
    off topic.. support.. you name it. When looking for overclocking help this is both very distratcive and annoying.

A short history behind what caused this for those of you that dont know...

This forum went unmoderated for several months when it was made.. a small community was formed and thats how it stayed.

This is a proffesional hardware site and I would like to see it treated as such...

when looking for overclocking help I should not have to dig through threads such as
    "Who is the hottest babe" ect, ect, ect, ect.. (many times over)

If the members there want to be a part of HWC they should keep off topic posts in the off topic forum.

There is no reason one forum should have special privlages while everyone else must play by the rules.
    If this is the case perhaps I should SPAM the CPU forum with messages about who really is the hottest babe?

The last couple of times I needed overclocking help I got very little reply because there was far to many COOL posts to respond to.. so who cares if I need help overclocking a Coppermine (like no body there knows how)

This suggestion is for the overall good of HWC... I can imagine many folks looking for overclocking advice have looked to other sites because the one here has turned into an AOL chat room.

My 2 dollars worth
    Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

I never understood why they were allowed to post anything there. I don't think it is right
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

the day you change the overclocking forum is the day I leave HWC. Enough with the melting pot theory already, not everyone subscribe to it.

PS. IMO, I think alot of the other members would leave the o/c'ing forum too.

NiteOwl,

I respect you more than anyone else on this forum. But you must see the reason behind my efforts. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If it doesnt change I will be spamming all the forums with worthless nonsence. And besides.. worthless nonsence now has a home.. the Off Topic forum. No need to stay hid in overclocking forum.. dont be shy.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage

all the hermits might just enjoy joining the rest of us
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

The overclocking forum is the only reason I come here. I also look at the "Front Door", the SETI forum, and the CPU forum from time to time, but they are never interesting enough to keep my attention. I think the things that go on in CC&0 add to the flavor of it.
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

Rich, I can comprehend what you are saying, but the o/c'ing forum is probably the most productive and busy forum here (the OT forum might be busier, but it's not very productive at all) ... I really believe that alot of the members wouldn't like it if admin. started to mess with it. In the words of Charles Oakley:

"If it ain't broke, don't break it"

Don't let me speak for the members on the o/c'ing forum. Let them voice their own opinions ... give them some time, it's the middle of the night.

Yeah that makes sence comming from a guy who makes 90% of his posts at HWC Spamming for his sites SETI team... Next?

New Hardware Central
    members homepage

NiteOwl,

You may not see it but yes it is broke..
    I have been going to Anandtec for overclocking info because I am not in the OC click here I dont get answered.. thats why I emailed you privatly last time.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage

It does not look like he wants us to voice our opinions to me. Or maybie I only feel that way because he just brought up a point I though was already peacefully settled with him?
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

Rich, we have been through this already (regarding L_G). If we go down this route again, you will only add more tension between the two SETI team (B/K and EC-PC have their hands full already smoothing things out from last time) and this thread will go totally off topic and when BrianH sees this tomorrow he won't be able to make heads or tail of anything.

PS. What else do you want from L_G? He has removed all banners from his page already (which he made a grand total of around $60 to help pay for the service).

I really don't want to get into a war of words with you ... I am tired of the infighting and bickering ... no good will come of this.

And I know many will have opinions on this.. but the fact of the matter remains....

IT IS NOT AN OFF TOPIC FORUM!!!

If you guys wanna talk off topic go to AOL or ICQ or IRC.. anaywhere but here.

Rich

New Hardware Central
    members homepage

Well, I thought that the O/C forum was moderated. In fact, I'm almost positive that it is. So, moderator... do some MODERATING!!!

BTW, I'm not a big fan of off-topic posting; and prefacing your messages with "Off Topic" is not an excuse.

Gibbo "Lag!!!" the Clown

And I am tiered of Anaandtech... I want HWC info back... I should be able to go into the overclocking forum without a bunch of kiddie chat to dig through.

Rich
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage

Originally posted by Rich:
    [BYou may not see it but yes it is broke..
    [/B]
    It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Why don't we let the other members who use the o/c'ing forum alot voice their opinion and decide for themselves? After all, me and you only add up to two members.

Thread Information