STARTING UP A PC BUSINESS AND I NEED ADVICE
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: STARTING UP A PC BUSINESS AND I NEED ADVICE

Hybrid View

STARTING UP A PC BUSINESS AND I NEED ADVICE

I am currenlty looking ing into starting up a new business in PC's. Everything from PC build, PC Repair, Peripheral sales and games sales etc. The full caboodle. I am curious though if anyone has any ideas or advice on starting up. Idealy I would like constructive suggestions on do's and don't about the PC industry. It helps that I'm currently a PC Engineer for a big Monitor manufacturer and I supervise PC build and setup etc.Thanks alot.

------------------
    pbatey7@pbatey7.screaming.net

HI, my names steven and I live in washington,Sunderland...

Let mw know if your taking any part time staff on ... I am currently working at Joplings of Sunderland as a sales advisor (tv's and hifi's) whilst taking my A levels... and i love PC'S, my dads an engineer for compaq so i've been brought up on pc's...

ADVICE...
    its getting quite competitive in newcastle for pc's such as dixons..softwarewarhouse,RAM..etc so u need a wide variety of stock too suit all peoples needs and prices to match...
    stock cooling supplies,(hehehe i'll be straight round)

everthing and anything.. and make sure you always have plenty of stock and give great customer care eg my cards not working ohh lets have a look at it then...right its faulty so i'll do a straight swap instead of sending it back to the manufacture seeing what they have to say ..blah..blah..blah

anyway i'll stop babbling

(let me know if you need any part timers)

thanks
    steven

------------------
    A member of the C.A.S.H.F.L.O.W. P.R.O.B.L.E.M.
    organisation

THANKS FOR THE MAIL MOJO2000,
    I know all about the amount of competion in the Newcastle area. I was actually thinking of starting up in Cramlington, I was not expecting to get mail from someone so close to home. I have been thinking about it alot latley and I was thinking of renting games aswell as selling them, also I would like to sell mobile phone aswell-as not to be putting all my eggs into one basket. I would like to do finance aswell because not many people will have 400-2000 cash to part with.

I will keep you in mind for part time staff though.

I also do not want to start a little business and work up. I would rather get a bigger property and have lots of space for all kinds of sales including Magazines, DVD's maybe and all PC peripherals etc.

Thanks again for your mail and hope I get more than just 1 reply, or I may be inclined to think that no one is interested in PC's.

------------------

by the way...

theres alot of interest in the north east i've built 4 pc's ranging from 600-1000
    recently... and those were just for friends and family..finance would be great as alot of people cannot afford to pay off straight away.

------------------
    A member of the C.A.S.H.F.L.O.W. P.R.O.B.L.E.M.
    organisation

Hope you make a good do of it m8. Thought about it myself quite often, just didnt have enough to back me up, I now work for a large computer firm. I few things to look at though, this may sound daft- but make sure it works!!, obviousley they will WORK, but what I mean is, check every aspect- if it has a dvd, will it play dvd satisfacoraly, will it play the lates games without the user having to download updates for the vid card?. Also consider making some sort of recover cd's for the machines-use norton ghost or similar- you may end up on the phone all day installing drivers for people that have messed up their system.Make 100% sure that the warranty is VERY CLEAR, otherwise every tom, **** & harry will be returning the computer saying "its broken" or "its crap", when really all thats wrong is the user- they probably just got back from whsmith with every magazine in the shop and installed every demo from every cd & totally screwed their windows. Happens all the time!!, I still build systems for people but not as much now I'm working, and I get these probs a lot.
    Another idea- how about importing some stuff?, alphas and such like that arn't available over here, Ive been after one but aint got a flexifriend so cant get one from abroad, could easy send a cheque though!!, Anyways, be sure to put up a site once you get your biz up and running

Good Luck

------------------
    Next time you wave, use all your fingers.

CALV

This sig In memory of my kid sister, Mandy. Died 14-8-02 aged 30.
    Murdered for nothing at all by Louise Berry

CALV

Thread Information