I believe something must be done about Mole... - Page 5
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe something must be done about Mole...

I've got nothing against the guy. I didn't like it when he messed with my post. There was no vulgarity or anything offensive that I could see.

Yes he edited diablos, and a few others and deleted some too. There was 41 but now there is less of the people that posted originally. Oh well nothing may be done... But please get rogue, or someone as mod that doesnt fiddle with things and watches this place better.

Jeff

s4, I've already explained this to you way back when that thread was up. I don't really see the point why you dig this ancient story just out of the blue so newbies don't have any background info.

Back then there were no "off topic" forum and I have clearly stated my views clearly earlier that I will not allow political issues in the hardware forums. By going the strict path and consequently squashing any attempt of "off topic" post, I managed to keep the forum more of less clean. That is when everything eventually moved over to the general forum where Toolbox was a bit "softer" on the issue. But as everybody saw, there's a limit to all the junk posted and consequently, the "off topic" forum was created so we can transfer all trash posts there.

As for the delted posts in the "duron" thread in the CPU forum. I've already notified the person who really deleted the stuff to post an explanation.

Please, by all means, come to the 'Off Topic' forum and visit for a while.

We offer all types of posts. Political, Spiritual, and some that are just pure BS.
    As long as you don't post nudie pictures or use 'offensive' language - any topic you choose is OK there.

P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

Here's my point, Mole. I'm really not wanting to bring up old issues. I'm say there was an off topic thread on gun control up in your forum. You decided to let it ride until I posted my thread which probably would have gotten some negative views. You said that you deleted it because it turned sour. You could have deleted it before that, but it hadn't turned negative until I gave my view. I'm saying if you let positive views stay, negative ones should, too.

With all that said. I agree completely with you that thread didn't belong in the cpu forum. I was not all that upset that it got deleted. As far as I'm concerned, I've never had a problem with you, except that one post. Really, it's not that big of a deal, and the point is mute. We now have an off topic forum.

As for your conversations back and fourth with Jeffy, I believe you are both big boys, and if you have something to discuss, it's none of my concern. I don't want anyone to remove you as moderator.

Well, I can say that it was totally a coincidence that you happen to be the last person who posted in that thread.

In fact, I don't even remember that it was you.

The thing is that I need some sleep and sometimes I do have a life outside of here and within the time I wasn't checking on the forum, there has been a numberous of people who posted their views in that thread. When I finally had a look at it, it was deleted on the spot regardless of who started it or not.

As for the thread which rg is *****ing about I deleted "only" his thread. Well, problem is that it happen to be him who started all the mess and eventually people started to flame eachother than actually reading the question in the original post. Besides, EVERYBODY in that thread which posted anything beside what was beeing discussed in the original post got deleted as well.

After I went with my "butcher knife" on that thread, it actually looks "frankenish" nice. I mean, there's almost no traces of the old warzone.

As for the claims that the topic was a "flame bait". It might be, but when reading the first post, the poster clearly wrote in a way which wasn't any invitation to flame at all. It just happen that some passionate supporter didn't like the topic very well and decided to do something about it. I DO NOT screen threads by it's topic, but by content. I was at first considering to delete the entire thread, but I saw that the first post wasn't intended to flame anything and there were actually a few people who did answer to the original question.

well, I can surely say that in the case of RG's post been deleted, all of my post that wasn't about the thread's topic got deleted too, like Mole said.

I think if you would have explained that to me back then in the way that you explained it now, I would have just said "okay", and that would have been the end of it. I wasn't aware that you were off doing something else. I thought you were closely following the thread at the time. How about if we just put it behind us and forget about? It really doesn't mean anything to me.

I can understand how a moderator can get disgusted. Sometimes people aren't very considerate of other peoples' feelings. Just yesterday someone accused me of being a nutcase on this site. I politely told them where to go. I can understand how you might get tired of reading some of the things people write.

Ok, we're once again seeing the irresponsible side I was referring to earlier. The following quote from mole's previous post is a prime example of how he will somtimes choose sides in a conflict and allow his own personal bias to warp his perception and judgement:

As for the thread which rg is *****ing about I deleted "only" his thread. Well, problem is that it happen to be him who started all the mess and eventually people started to flame eachother than actually reading the question in the original post.
    Since mole feels the need to lie about this, I must reiterate what I said earlier:

Out of nowhere, mole decided to selectively delete posts from a flamebait topic in the motherboards forum, while leaving the originator's flamebait topic intact.
    That's right, I didn't say "only" my posts had been deleted, I said that he had selectively deleted posts. Let's try a little harder to tell the truth mole.

Here's a good one:

After I went with my "butcher knife" on that thread, it actually looks "frankenish" nice. I mean, there's almost no traces of the old warzone.
    Nope, no trace of the war, only the war inducing flamebait remained when you were finished with your admittedly irresposible "butcher knife" assault.

Again:

As for the claims that the topic was a "flame bait". It might be...
    Hold it!-- stop right there. You have acknowledged that it is/was flamebait. That is all that needs to be said. If you were in the mood to go screwing around editing posts, then you should have deleted the flamebait content of the original post first and foremost. Instead, you deleted the posts of those who called the hand of the troll who posted the flamebait. And no, it wasn't only me mole, there were several others who had taken exception to it as well. In hindsight, and in view of your irresponsibility of late as a moderator, I can see that this pattern of behavior has existed for some time now. It has become all too clear.

Here's another one:

I DO NOT screen threads by it's topic, but by content.
    WAKE UP MORON!!! How stupid do you think people are? Now, I'm going to put this in caps so you can read it and understand...

THE TOPIC IS CONTENT. IN FACT, IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT CONTENT OF ALL, BECAUSE IT IS WHAT EVERYONE IN THE FORUM SEES. EVEN THOSE WHO DON'T POST IN THE THREAD SEE THE DAMNED TOPIC!!!

And in this case, the topic title was:

Athlon lovers need not apply
    Also, it's not as if the troll who posted this topic stopped his flamebaiting with the title. He did, in fact, expand on his flamebait with such statements as "Athlon lovers go away". If the guy wanted tech support, he could have gotten it, but that's not what he wanted, and he made this perfectly clear whether mole wants to admit/acknowledge it or not.

And finally:

I was at first considering to delete the entire thread, but I saw that the first post wasn't intended to flame anything and there were actually a few people who did answer to the original question.
    Which would be more accurate if it read like this:

I never considered deleting the entire thread, since I had already made up my mind that I was going to take sides with the guy who started it. His first post was clearly intended to flame, and I was glad to see that he was able to lay down a smokescreen defense for the flamebait thanks to the inclusion of a useless diversionary "tech support" question.
    The more lies you tell mole, the more problems you're going to have. Come clean, make your apologies, and it will all be over...

I've got a headache and am going to stay out of this. Since I'm not directly involved, I feel that my opinions would be better placed on a subject that I know more about. I haven't been following this stuff very closely, so I'm staying out of it from this point on. Thanks.

Well it's clear to me this is a waste of time now because of 2 reasons..

1. If Mole didn't delete my non offensive posts, then someone else with the hand of God power did. In other words, how can we expect fairness when he's backed by a person(s) that also has Moderator privledges.

2. For all this to have gotten this far without actions shows me that no one in control of HWC really cares about fairness or what goes on in the forums.

Anyways I feel that I owe an Apology to Mole. I don't think he really deserves all this blame. Although I think he hasn't been a fair moderator, someone with authority over him thinks it's just fine so really the blame goes on his shoulder. Whoever it is. I don't know if Mole deleted my posts or not, but I prefer to give a person the benifit of the doubt when there is no proof.
    Unofficial Blizzard and Hardware Tech support.
    http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums

I dont think mole deleted your posts. But I do think a admin, hacker someone that knows passwords did delete it. You see if a hacker actually knows the passwords, as you all know you can delete your post. This is just something to consider that may happen or is happening. If it is admins which it could be, how mant admins are at this site? If it is admins, there is pretty much nothing we can do. But 41 posts to 25 or so is very weird and fishy as hell... I smell a rat hmmmm, but where is he/she?

Jeff

WOW! J79, an actually fair and intelligent reply! If you keep this up, I might learn to respect you.

NiteOwl, that sounds like you are baiting jeffy. Why would you want to do that?

Isn't it time to lock this thread, nothing is coming of it anymore and there is no need to leave it open.
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

rg, you do not need to tell me how to do my job here!

I said the TOPIC might be a flame bait. But topic and CONTENT is NOT the same thing.
    If you for some strange reason consider so, then it's your problem.

There has been a lot of post where the topic has been totally different from the question. Such as topics where people want attention and then starts asking totally different question. Would you then have started to reply to the original topic or to the actual question asked????

I will apologise only when there is reason to do so. But, a big SORRY to you! In this case there is NOTHING to be sorry of!

Thread Information