I believe something must be done about Mole... - Page 4
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe something must be done about Mole...

Let me first say that yes, I disagree with the comments Mole made about 'cum.' It was out of line as a moderator. That being said, what should be done about it? Remove him from his position? And just who would you suggestion replace him? This place is very, very close to completely turning into a trash heap.

How long has Jeffy79 been around? What about other like him? Some members are complete hostile to ANYONE that ever appears to disagree with them, yet we let them stay. Mole has been a good moderator for a long time and him simply loosing him composure at a few members who need to be banned is no cause his dismissal.

Mole has taken a lot of crap for a very long time from these people. He's done a better job than almost anyone here would have done. If Mole is to be repremanded in ANY sort of way then ALL participating parties need to be disciplined as well.

The collective IQ of any group of people engaged in a disussion is the sum of the actual IQs divided by the square of the number of people in the group.

------------------
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //
    // Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

sorry, wrong post

[This message has been edited by NiteOwl (edited 05-05-2000).]

You're all giving yourself ulcers over actions by people you don't even know (only via the Internet) and over things we all have very little control over.

Let's get realistic here, shall we? It's not like were all next door neighbors and somebody is playing loud music late at night keeping us all awake. And, even if it were... I've had to knock on my neighbor's door several times to ask him to keep it down. Twice he wouldn't answer the door so I called the cops. After all that, we're still friendly with each other because until one of us moves out, we have to put up with each other.

When it's time for me to move, I want to do so with a healthy stomach. So let's all relax shall we? I understand that one must defend themselves if attacked.. if I were attacked I would do so... but more often than not, people make a mountain out of mole hill (no pun intended).

Tell me my Athlon sucks, I could care less how anybody feels about my computer. Insult my family, I'll get pretty mad. But what can I do about it? If you were my next door neighbor, maybe I'd beat you up. But since I don't know who any of you are (except for what I've seen here) there's nothing I can do... except keep from giving myself an ulcer about it.

There are always two ways to respond to a situation. Learn from the experience and carry on with life, or develop an ulcer. Which sounds better?
    Learn how to sell on eBay at www.PowerSellerPros.com

Hey Stu:

"Nothing but pixels on my screen"

I don't think pixels are worth an ulcer either.

"It's been a while man, Life's soo rad!"

Weezer-

I guess today is the day. I wonder if anyone here even remembers me, I mean it's not like I posted 8 billion times a day, but anyway... today is the day I decide to actively participant at HWC again. It's been about 2 months since I've last posted, I stayed away for a while but the last couple weeks I've been reading again, just not posting.

I want to through in a hell of a lot more than my 2 cents. So everyone, just bare with me here... What I'm about to say doesn't just aplly to this whole mole vs jeffy thing either, it is directed kinda at the whole BBS.

People, we have to learn to keep things in perspective.

There is a lot more in this world to get upset about then whether some guy you have never met in your life disagrees with you on what the best upgrade option is for some other guy that is seeking advice on his outdated SS7 platform. I look at what some of you people write, and I don't know wether to laugh or feel sorry for you sometimes. And don't take this wrong, I'm not trying to insult anyone, just once again saying, step back and try to keep it all in perspective.

For example, why have I stayed away for the last couple months? About 6 weeks ago my life went to hell. I am a college student and for spring break, I went home to get my smart teeth pulled out. My girlfriend went to Cancun where she met some guy that goes to our same school. Long story short, after we came back this guy wined and dined her and something I never though possible happened, she left me for him. That same day I got hit by a van on my bike... actually pretty funny looking back. School went downhill as I starting failing miserbly and to top it off, my assured summer employer let me go, leaving me just a few short weeks before summer to find a job.

So, it's times like this that I say to myself, there really is a lot more important and bigger stuff to get upset about than some posts on a computer hardware forum.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what is being thrown back and forth here between jeffy and mole is right... I'm just saying I don't think we need to be making such a big deal about it. Let's try to look at the bigger picture. The more we talk the worse things will only get.

No matter what happens here, the sun will still rise and set each day. Birds will fly south for the winter, and life will go on.

So people, I ask you, let's just drop this.

jeffy, let me ask you a favor... please grow up. Just do me the favor and before you hit that submit button, just look over what you have written and think before you post it. I have nothing against you, just maybe against your lack of thinking sometimes.

As for mole, geez people, I'd swear you guys want to crusify him or something. What did he do? Rape and pillage a small town? No... of course not. Maybe he lost his cool a bit... maybe he hastly removed some posts... let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt and if maybe we lay off him a bit he won't feel so pressure.

Think about it, as much fire as he's been under lately, it makes it that much tougher to make rational decisions. and no, he's not going crazy, just cut the guy some slack. In the almost year that I've been here he's done a hell of a job of being impartial and fair. So all you "Burn him at the stake" people, please, I ask you to join me...

... join me in kicking back, throwing are feet up and having a nice cold brew... cuz damn, summer is just about here!

RG... lots of props! Although I don't share your extreme passion for converting "intel trolls" I have a lot of respect for your opinion on this board. Always backed up my reasonable logic, good benching, or just plain fact, you contribute well and are a good resource. So I wanna ask you a favor. Just this once, please drop this... if it happens again, fine, march straight to the admins of this bbs I don't care... but let's get back to what we do best... let's talk some hardware.(I'm builind 2 machines for family this summer and I need some advice)

diablo...

you rock, and not cuz you go to Purdue... us Badgers have waxed you as of late both in football and Bball... yes our BBall team, that was a very improbable run! Hey, but we enjoyed the run...

I think you and I are one of the few people here who aren't trying to upgrade our systems every 2 months, spending 200 bucks to go from a 550 mhz setup to a 600...!LOL.. anyway, you started this thread, so I wanna ask you a favor too! I wanna ask you to end it. Let's get back to the CPU forum and talk about those machines I'm gonna build. Oh yeah, and let's try to figure out how a spitfire is going to benefit from 64k of L2 cache??? I'm with you... that's a little puzzling.

So people, let's leave this circus and go talk about some really nerdy dorky stuff! And then let's all drink some good cold brew... it's miflin st. block party this weekend and my roomates 21st B-day... (youngster)

Last but not least...

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!

peace, I'm out of this thread!

Welcome back Luds, good to have you back, even if you are a badger fan. Ah, well. Not as bad as an Ohio State fan, at anyrate. You never give us Wolverines as much of a problem as those Buckeyes!

I wanna know how much space this thread is taking on the server.

------------------
    OUTTA MY WAY. BEOWULF CLUSTER COMING THROUGH
    You can talk about "that" here

Remember that guy your mom warned you about? I beat the snot outta him.

You cant see this right now, but I've just stopped caring

Welcome back Luds.

I'd also like to just forget about this whole thing, only that's what we've been doing all along. Yet I can almost guarentee, it will be an issue again in two weeks or so. It's been like that for months now. It's getting to the stage, where just ignoring unfortunatly isn't enough.

I don't want to see Mole loose out because of this. He may have said some pretty inappropriate things, but it was provoked. It's obvious he's nearing the end of his teather with some members, so perhaps its time he was cut a little slack.

He has a tough job, looking after 5 forums. As I mentioned before, perhaps it should be considered that a few new moderators, or co-moderators are appointed to some of those forums. It'd make Mole's job easier and more managable.

That way, any moderating in those forums doesn't fall directly on him, which is where these little arguments are sprouting from.

I'd like to hear Mole's thoughts on this (and anyone else ), or what suggestions, if any, he may have himself?

That sounds like a good idea. I volenteer to co-moderate a forum with Mole. How about it everyone?
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

Hey, that sounds like a very good idea to me. I second that.
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

Ugh. I've about had it with people supporting the little turd. He's been biased for a while now deleting selective posts he doesn't agree with. And not just by people that have given him problems. I posted in that Duron thread last night and asked that the thread be removed. Instead he deletes my harmless post and leaves the damn racist and NC17 **** posts. **** the little bastard! I don't see the reason to hold back language now if **** like that gets left on the board. He has been and STILL IS abusing his privledge as Moderator. I've never had a direct problem with him before. I just wanted fairness. It's not like anyone gets paid to be Moderator. Just appoint a new one that's unbiased and all this **** will stop! If not, I bet it will one day creep up again when that little Pillowbiter deletes **** for the fun of it.

[This message has been edited by Lord DreadWrath (edited 05-06-2000).]
    Unofficial Blizzard and Hardware Tech support.
    http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums

I was thinking it over, and he did delete a thread I was in on gun control because he said the topic turned sour. Just because I don't support the same views he has, and suck up to the system, my views are not allowed in his forum. He let everybody else say anything they wanted until I posted. Maybe I shouldn't support him just because he's been here longer than me.

Two wrongs dont make a right. Mole will be placed on 30 day probabtion period and evaluated weekly thereafter. Everyone happy now?

Thread Information