I believe something must be done about Mole... - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe something must be done about Mole...

Ummm Jeffy... if that wasnt intended to be racest.. please explain who has small ****s?

Would that happen to be hay farmers?

Rich

------------------
    Done.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

Oh and Jeffy,

Yea we "understood" you very well. If this was your first bleep, then it's cool. But judging your past post about that "race" eating dogs and the ICQ messages, I have to call it as I see it.
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM
    14.4 DVD

Windows 95 ME

Perhaps HWC should look into finding a Moderator for 4 of the 5 forums that Mole currently looks after? Not necisarrily for the sake of this current argument, but for convenience sake and because it's the practical thing to do. It's hard to expect one person to be able to look after 5 forums at once, especially busy ones such as the CPU, Motherboard and Video Card forums. Possibly even consider a co-mod for those positions.

This is ridiculous, taking sides and aruging about who said what is not going to help the situation or prevent it from happening again. We a code of conduct or something. A list that clearly states what members and mods can and can't say, or do. Perhaps rules against editing posts for no reason, or a list of unaccetable words. I don't really no, but I do know that there should be a vote to ratify it. What do you think?
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

Ok there is only one thing to do that makes me more of a man, I appologize for saying the race thing. I know it does sound racist but I should have used a different choice of words. No im not just saying this for the hell of it, I do mean it. I do not lie unless its to cover my ***, so here I am I am sorry to the members. But I am not sorry to mole. Again if I offended any members i am sorry, and dont judge me about the dog thing, that was a mistake on my behalf! Sorry again.. And no appology for mole!

Jeff

Jeffy, you started this crap. It's not the first time either. You are being a troll. There's no other way to look at it.

You wanted to stir up some **** and you did.

Feel better now?

Errrr ummm yeah!!! This guy has already been warned. I suggest HWC ban every new handle he can dream up so at least he will be forever a junior member.

Rich

------------------
    Done.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

Just want to make clear that the ban stuff is not my oppinion.

I don't think anybody should be banned. I've never requested anybody to get banned during my entire time as a mod. People come and go and it isn't really worth the hassle of banning.

In fact, I think I've never sent any e-mails to the admins during my stay as a mod. At least nothing related to users and stuff like that.

Mole,
    You have been out of line in the past. You have let personal feelings get the best of you. The role of moderator must always keep a distance between himself/herself and the threads being moderated. You acted unprofessionally.

That having been said, there have certainly been provocationís against you that I would not have tolerated; however, warnings could have been produced discretely via e-mail to the indiscriminant parties, or they could have been privately banned without your loosing your professional posture.

In an open forum such as this there are always going to be a few immature personalities......the moderator should not be one of them.
    With greater knowledge comes greater understanding!

Regardless of how immature a member is it is not the place of a moderator to stoop down to that member's level and commit the same (for lack of a better word) "crime". The job of a moderator is to remove threads and posts that are objectionable because they reflect poorly on HardwareCentral. Their job is not to perpetuate things by creating these posts themselves. They are supposed to set a higher standard that the rest of us are to live up to if we want to participate in this forum. There is no room for moderators that don't have the maturity to be the better person and walk away from a flame war. I think Mole reflects poorly on HardwareCentral and the other Moderators of this site. If I was a first time user then I would be completely turned off due to the fact that Mole would represent the group of Moderators as immature and not worthy of the title that they hold.
    I am not taking J79's side in this matter so don't think I am. Mole could have been more responsible and taken administrative action (This is the kind of thing you have administrative action for isn't it?) and given him his warnings and finally banned him if it came to that.

------------------
    When all else fails stick a fan on it.

[This message has been edited by IdBuRnS (edited 05-05-2000).]
    Celeron 533A @ 800MHz
    ASUS P3V4X
    256MB Crucial PC133 CAS2
    CL Annihilator Pro
    -----------------
    When all else fails, stick a fan on it.

Mole is an excelllent moderator and does an excellent job.

Jeffy79 has been on this board for a long time and always been the inflamatory type, I'm surprised that he is still around. I say ban his whole IP subnet.

[This message has been edited by jeff_w (edited 05-05-2000).]

Here we go... Just a prime example of Jeffy79's posting.

Jeffy79:
    Yeah thats right, they are! I posted stuff about mjarmark and mole and rich and guess what? They deleted that part out. So this is what has to be happening. The admins and moderators go through peoples posts and edit them, deleting stuff that makes them look bad, funny eh?

Whats even better is they closed the thread haha!

Jeff
    Mole:
    Well, I don't have anything to do with it.
    I don't even know where this thread is. A link would be useful.
    Mjamark:
    You don't need to save anything...I deleted it...It contained vulgarity, in excess amounts...Next time read the agreement before registering..
    Next time I'll just remove your account all together...
    Jeffy79:
    LOL ya panzy ***, delete my account!
    He should be the one banned. The forumns would be alot better if he was gone.

Jeff79
    So stop complaining and crying. If you dont like it, put a gun up to your chin and pull the trigger. Better yet go to india and work there. You think you have it rough here or in northern and western europe? HAHAHA nope
    I got a million of 'em...

[This message has been edited by jeff_w (edited 05-05-2000).]

Okay. Seeing as how i am so NOT the one to post on vulgarity and bad humor (as i can be quite offensive at times, for which i apologize) i must say: Although Mole actually insulted me for standing upo for him against this Jeffy thing (in not so nice language, done ON purpose, btw!), i have to say the little nazi desrves whatever flame he gets. From moderator or no. Forget about banning,m because lets face t, we live in 2000 and this is not effevtive. SImply ignore jeffy's posts (or any other that appears to have been put together using an ape-to-english translation dictionary) entirely. Also. Jeff. Not wanting to look like a racist? Uh..sure.let me guess. you have *many black friends right? Yeah. Scumbag. Go mole.

Again, I don't agree with Jeffy's posts, and I understand that Mole's natural tendency would be to react negatively, but that is beside the point. We have to separate the most recent instance of Mole's impartiality with Jeffy's actions, and focus on whether his actions are reflective of a moderator. Jeffy's fate is not interwoven with Mole's and I wish to discuss Mole's failures as a moderator, not Jeffy's often inflammmatory remarks.

IdBurns:

The job of a moderator is to remove threads and posts that are objectionable because they reflect poorly on HardwareCentral. Their job is not to perpetuate things by creating these posts themselves. They are supposed to set a higher standard that the rest of us are to live up to if we want to participate in this forum.
    This is exactly what I have been saying and core to the issue at hand. Mole's conduct over the past several weeks has not been representative of a moderator, and several members have come forward to express concerns similar to mine about his fitness as a moderator of 5 forums.

OneEng:

That having been said, there have certainly been provocationís against you that I would not have tolerated; however, warnings could have been produced discretely via e-mail to the indiscriminant parties, or they could have been privately banned without your loosing your professional posture.

In an open forum such as this there are always going to be a few immature personalities......the moderator should not be one of them.
    Several of our more respected members have come forward expressing their concerns about Mole and I believe that those concerns need to be addressed. Let's not be sidetracked by the sideshow Jeffy has been putting on. It's irrelevant. I think it is time that Mole's position as moderator be reviewed, and his mertis re-assessed.
    "There are only two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thread Information