Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration - Page 4
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration

Boy has this thing gotten crazy. Correct me if I'm wrong but HWC is not a democracy. Administration deemed TN to be moderator and thats that, nuff said. If he can't handle the job then they'll remove him. One day is not near enough time to evaluate anyone in a new position. And I'm sure administartion is watching this, him and you. SkySlash and collinj obviously have a belly full of sour grapes that are going to take some time to digest. If you don't like how he moderates then stay off the forum. Seems pretty straightforward to me (and obviously to a lot of other people).
    Good luck TN.

The righteous shall prevail.

------------------
    "I'm in the phone book! I'm somebody now!"
    Beta Ionone = Boysenberry

When a moderator "moderates" one person, and then doesnt the next for the same thing, he is NOT doing his job properly, and he is letting bias's in on his judgement.

If you argue with that then your logic is flawed.
    Sometimes I wonder...

I have no argument with the logic. The logic is sound (if your facts are objectively accurate). The fact remains however that the whole debate is moot because administration has the only authority to make a change.

I imagine all this debate against TN is going to backfire if the underlying motive is to get him ousted (which I believe it is). Actually this has only strengthened his position with the membership and possibly administrartion if the above posts are any indication. Do you really believe HWC administration is going to make a rash change based upon a few members biased dissatisfaction and therefore set a very ugly precedent?

I didn't think so

------------------
    "I'm in the phone book! I'm somebody now!"
    Beta Ionone = Boysenberry

SkySlash you sound like an infatueted *** just like OH my god what was the name of that moron trying to throw dirt on Billy with Lewinsky.

Get a ****ing life...

TN, forget about it!

------------------
    Cel 366@500
    196MB PC133
    Voodoo3 2000 AGP
    Cel 366@500
    196MB PC133
    Voodoo3 2000 AGP

Originally posted by ajf:
    I have no argument with the logic. The logic is sound (if your facts are objectively accurate). The fact remains however that the whole debate is moot because administration has the only authority to make a change.

I imagine all this debate against TN is going to backfire if the underlying motive is to get him ousted (which I believe it is). Actually this has only strengthened his position with the membership and possibly administrartion if the above posts are any indication. Do you really believe HWC administration is going to make a rash change based upon a few members biased dissatisfaction and therefore set a very ugly precedent?

I didn't think so

They already set a very ugly precedent when they appointed a moderator without putting it to a vote. Basically, what Mr. Sassen said was: "don't voice your opinion in public". That's the whole point. The whole thing was underhanded. Why should the members have any loyalty to this site when the people that run it make decisions without consulting the members first? I don't have any sour grapes. I'm just saying the thing should have been put to a vote. I am one of the people that voiced their opinion to get this new forum to begin with. If I had known they were just going to put someone in as moderator without a vote, I would have just left the site at that point. Don't worry about me saying anything bad in the new forum, because I am not going to use it.

[This message has been edited by s4 (edited 04-30-2000).]

They have ALREADY done that several times in the past.

I am not asking for TN to be "ousted" I want him to own up to what he did and deal with other people the same way, which he so far has refused to do.

Sometimes I wonder...

I have it on good faith that we'll have an answer of some kind by Monday evening.

I look forward to it whatever it may be...

I think facts speak for themselves.

-SS

I don't think Sander ment you shouldn't voice your opinion. I hope not. I read that as saying that this argument can not get any better or worse, it will just keep growing. I think that was his attempt at helping calm the situation for the moment. That is why I backed up his post.
    I like the idea of dealing with the problem directly. It keeps little wars from starting on these BBS's.
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

I therefore encourage all of you who obviously have a problem with one another to continue this discussion in private, use email, ICQ or AOL Messenger if you have to, but this is not a way to make those thoughts and concerns heard.
    It sure sounded like to me he wanted to hush everything up. Just to be honest, this issue ticked me off, but this is only 1 computer site. I can find plenty more to visit. I've got a great freeware program called WebFerret. All I have to do is search for computer hardware sites, and I can find some new places to visit. In other words, who cares? Let 'em run the site this way.

Deanril Guest
    LOL...........

Hmmm. I can see where you got that now. Ouch. I still like to think he just brought it across wrong, but ment some thing a little less harsh. I hope so.
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

What a soap opera.
    ..shakeing his head....

Problem solved...

Please lock the thread!

-SS

Yes, I agree that the thread should be locked. Thanks for listening to us.

Another thing is you all have to understand about dopey jopey... He said to me back when we were talking (cant beleive we did--lame *** too). He said "Internet.com sucks!" He said that, I dont have the icq quote as i do not save messages. Oh well its funny how people change, "well said" pathetic..

Jeff

Thread Information