Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration

If that's the kind of image HWC wants for itself, a moderator sitting around talking about getting drunk, then it's okay with me. Am I wrong here, this is HardwareCentral, not Budweiser.com? Basically, it's okay for him to say anything he wants, but if someone says something he doesn't like, they get edited. Isn't that about right?

[This message has been edited by s4 (edited 04-30-2000).]

Originally posted by Mole:
    Since the matter is already over and TN got the position. I'm finally going to open my mouth even though that it would probably get me more "enemies".

I agree completely with what Rich says. SS, you might be "popular" with the new members, but most of the old timers just knows you too well.

If you only knew about all the lobbying which was going on behind your back of people who didn't like the idea of you becoming a mod.
    It'd make the US campaign look like kindergarten.

Everyday, I'd get msg on ICQ of people asking my views about it and that I should post and send e-mails to HWC about it. However, I told everybody that as long as the matter is not solved, I will not voice my oppinion openly. But I did tell them my view that I also feel "uncomfortable" of the idea that you becoming a mod. Don't know how to explain it, but we can say that I just have a "gut feeling".

I completely agree with mole. Almost every single member with longgevity here sides with TN knowing SS. I actually believe the entire off-topic forum started as a result of SS starting to make all of those polls in the general forum, and the newer memebers joined in.
    Also, to Collinj, I do not think you would be siding with SS right now unless TN had not flamed your memebers.

------------------
    Please don't provoke the poor people..........
    Their website said "Requires Linux Distrubution based on kernel 2.4.2 or better," so I went and installed FreeBSD.

I want to make one thing clear. I am not siding with SkySlash concerning this matter. I am arguing that the position should have been put to an official vote with the admin asking who people wanted. If TN would have won fair and square, I would have no problem with it. I would have voted for some other people. The first thing the new mod did was start censoring people that he didn't like. He said the s**t word can't be used anymore. I've seen a lot worse from him, and that happens to be one of my favorite words. So if that is going to be the way it is, with people not even asking who they want as moderator, it's okay with me.

The nice thing is that I can just go to some other site and say to "heck" with it.

Read between the lines...

I DO NOT WANT THE POSITION OF MODERATOR, NOR DO I HAVE ANY INTEREST IN IT WHATSOEVER

That change this a bit?

All I want is a forum with no bias...and with an immature moderator thats not possible.

I do not care about any background campaign to keep me from being mod...it doesnt matter. That is not the point of this.

TNproud2b is not a fair, unbiased moderator, and he does not possess the judgement ability to handle the authority of the position. The posts and evidence above show that...

As far as only newbies supporting me and the forum being created for or because of me...thats absurd and ridiculous, and how can you make that statement when there was never even an official vote to take statistics from.

You guys want unfair authority running that forum...fine...enjoy it, I'll simply avoid it...

That in my opinion though is a sad result...

-SS

test

Get a grip SS. Grow up man!! Stop being so self absorbed.

I don't know the hole storie here, but I don't like what I see. This is not turning out good for any one. Please just let it rest. I am sure TN will think twice before trying to mess with you again SS. You prooved your point.

You may or may not have a good point here SS, but the worst way to get people to listen to you is to get directly offensive.

------------------
    Check out the Overclockers Network at: http://www.overclockers-network.com/
    -Lord Gumby: Administrative Gear Head

This is never going to end!
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I might not come here that often and I don't really have an opinion/care about who's moderator but I have been following this debate a bit. Like I said I have no opinion but I'd just like to respond to something:
    I can make everyone else here happy

or

I can make you 5 guys from Force3D happy.
    Now TN responded to my requests for an explanation (because I was one of the people that he and 1 or 2 others attacked) of what happened and I got what I believed to be a sincere apology, but now I wonder.

I do know that he did come by our board and was very mean/rude and an all around *** for that day or 2 that he was there, and was subsequently banned. But he did tell me (I don't feel the need to quote) that he did it knowingly and that he was not under any influence. I don't care if he's a mod here or not but I will tell you that I do know people here that are much more level headed than TN (sorry TN it's true).

Sorry ot make a fuss but it's good to have a 3rd parties point of view.

------------------
    - SnOrfus
    - SnOrfus

I've done my research, and checked out SkySlash's links and so on.

It's obvious you have got TNproud2b walking on a fine wire. If he steps slightly either way, you flame him.

I only know TNproud2b as much as most other members here, but I base my oppinion on what I believe is only fair.

You criticise TNproud2b for moderating (yes, censoring posts falls under that label). Censorship has never really occured in HWC in a major way, but I think the Off Topic forum could use a little, to at least get things set back on the right track. You have to admit, it has been pretty free and wild in there the last week or so, and it would have been pretty short sighted to believe it was going to stay that way with a Moderator in place.

When you signed up with Hardware Central, you did agree to the conditions in place, and it was stated that Hardare Central retain the right to remove objectional material.

If you can't work with that agreement, it doesn't mean you should leave. It means you should have never joined HWC in the first place.

The way I see it, TNproud2b has two options in terms of Moderating. He can choose to edit or alter where it is needed and do his job. Or, he can sit back and ignore everything that is said and let the forum run itself (and become redundant).

The past week has produced numerous debates from members in favour of both those options. So in following the option which actually follows HWC layed out rules, would have to be the right choice.

That is what TNproud2b is doing.

Nuf said, I'm going to bed

Okay,

I see everybody is getting pretty hyped up about the fact that TN has been elected as a moderator for the off-topic forum. But since I've been in bed for the past 48hrs with a bad case of the flu and had nothing to do with the election, nor the reasoning behind it, I'm not about to choose sides or participate in this dicussion.

Thus let me just comment the following; Starting off this kind of discussion might seem like a good idea to speak your mind, or get your thoughts and concerns out in the open. But be aware that all remarks, flames, etc you make here will have an adverse effect on some people, as there will always be people that don't agree with you.

I therefore encourage all of you who obviously have a problem with one another to continue this discussion in private, use email, ICQ or AOL Messenger if you have to, but this is not a way to make those thoughts and concerns heard.

Thanks and best regards,

Sander Sassen
    Siteleader at HardwareCentral
    Email: ssassen@hardwarecentral.com
    Visit us at : http://www.hardwarecentral.com

Now that is the first totally good idea I have seen in this whole cascade of events. That keeps people who do not know the entire story from getting the wrong idea based on limited information.

Originally posted by Sander Sassen:
    Okay,

I see everybody is getting pretty hyped up about the fact that TN has been elected as a moderator for the off-topic forum. But since I've been in bed for the past 48hrs with a bad case of the flu and had nothing to do with the election, nor the reasoning behind it, I'm not about to choose sides or participate in this dicussion.

Thats one of the main concerns I have...an election was never held...

-SS

well said sander...
    whatever

Yeee Haaa..

Free Entertainment for us all.

Come on! Let's film more of this Days of Our HWC Lives.
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM