Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration

If you think for a minute, maybe they gave me this authority because they expect me to edit offensive posts...like yours.

A lot of people have faith in me that I'll do the right thing - and so far I think I have.
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

And what may I ask was it that was offensive about that post?

-SS

TN,

But do you think editing people's post is the right thing to do? Only in extreme cases where the post gets edited. I can stand posts being deleted or threads locked but I can't stand being edited.

How about make your final comment then lock it. Let the people decide afterward.
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM
    14.4 DVD

Windows 95 ME

good thinking
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F

I just 'abused my authority' again.

Keep your hateful topics in another forum - this one will do for now.

Until they make you your own.

I have a couple of screen captures that I took tonight of this crap.

I still had that thread in the off topic forum of yours SS open in a different browser window before he edited out what you had put.

I made sure to take a capture of it, for "evidence" purposes.

The ONLY reason that I can think of for why he edited out what you put was so people in that forum wouldnt see the link and come here to complain about him.

And all of this on his FIRST DAY as a MODERATOR.
    Sometimes I wonder...

All of this and more....

You promoted it, you kept it going.

Don't you have anything better to do than try to show how much worse I am than you?
    I never said I didn't have faults. I never said I was perfect.
    I know what is decent and right.
    And posting topics whose intent is to humiliate or belittle any member (includng myself) is not decent or right.

It's not what he said, it was the intent of the post that got it 'edited'.

I'm out to have fun and let people speak their mind on just about any topic you could imagine, but if you come there looking for trouble then you aren't welcome.
    the same is true of any forum here.

Since the matter is already over and TN got the position. I'm finally going to open my mouth even though that it would probably get me more "enemies".

I agree completely with what Rich says. SS, you might be "popular" with the new members, but most of the oldtimers just knows you too well.

If you only knew about all the lobbying which was going on behind your back of people who didn't like the idea of you becoming a mod.
    It'd make the US campaign look like kindergarten.

Everyday, I'd get msg on ICQ of people asking my views about it and that I should post and send e-mails to HWC about it. However, I told everybody that as long as the matter is not solved, I will not voice my oppinion openly. But I did tell them my view that I also feel "uncomfortable" of the idea that you becoming a mod. Don't know how to explain it, but we can say that I just have a "gut feeling".

The post wasnt belittling at all... somebody spoke out and said that they think the administration made a bad idea for you to be a moderator, because you cannot handle the position (which you have already proven several times tonight).

It is quite obvious or you would not have done what you have today.

Finding it difficult being backed into a corner now? You painted yourself there, I am just waiting to see if you can figure a correct way out of it... which I doubt highly will happen.

The only CORRECT way I can see you handling it is to ADMIT you were wrong, appologize, stop being BIASED against certain individuals which do not like you (because of your own actions) and live up to what is expected of you.

I once thought that you were a pretty decent guy... then all of a sudden one day you felt the need to SPAM and TROLL my forum and be EXTREMELY HATEFUL to the members there. I was very supprised at your behaviour, and I took the appropriate administration actions and banned you from my website.

I feel the administration here should re-think their choice, especially considering there was no formal election for a Moderator of that forum.

Sometimes I wonder...

Let me put this simply.

I have a choice to make.

I can make everyone else here happy

or

I can make you 5 guys from Force3D happy.

That, my friend, is an absolute no-brainer.

You should realize that, collin, because you run a bbs site.

You should realize that, SkySlash, because you have a 160 IQ.

Anybody in the free world who is not aware of how you feel about me being a moderator - is living in a cave.

Enough already.

This is ridiculous. It's TNproud2b first day on the job, and a few of my fellow members have done everything possible to make him loose face. The first time you ever get in a car, its unfair to be expected that you can drive it like a pro. So why expect TNproud2b to be absolutely perfect on his first freakin day!? Cut him some slack, get back to work, (I'm sure it demands more attention right now), and stop stressin over shyt all!

Well, here is my opinion whether you like it or not. I don't think TN should have locked or deleted any post by SS as long as it didn't contain any vulgarity. He may have found the post offensive because it was directed at him. I think he should have left the post open for the people to make up their own minds. Toolbox took a lot of heat, but he left posts open so people could express their opinions. I respected him for that.

If TN is going to lock or edit any post that criticizes anything he believes in, it makes me wonder what can be posted there. He hasn't done a thing to clean up the BS posts like "TN.....don't make me come down there and beat your rebel ***". Since this is the way it's going to be, I am not going to post there.

Since there was no election, and I didn't get to vote, I am miffed. You should have at least given me a chance to vote. If SS was not acceptable to the admins here, my vote would have gone to collinj or sin2. But we didn't get a choice did we?

I actually got tired reading all of that. Again, the choice was already made. We all know that things are going to stay this way for some time to come. Enough is enough so let's finally get on with it.

Have a nice day everyone
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Well, I guess a FEW people is feeling how I felt a bit. Kind of resembles something, you think? Heck, no one listens anyways.

Reguards,
    D5

[quote]Originally posted by SkySlash
    Within an hour of receiving the job, he made a derogatory comment to me in this thread obviously bragging.
    Looks like your day took a turn for the worse, huh?
    is that braging SS then you need to See a shrink

------------------
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place
    There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
    Xriz`s Place

Thread Information