Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration

Hybrid View

Absolute Disappointment in Site Administration

I've been a member here for quite awhile now and have thought highly of the job done by administration for the entire course of that time. I've agreed with every decision made by you guys, and supported every change you've made to the site.

In creating the new Off Topic Forum, a need for a moderator was obvious...and the members of all forums requested numerous times that an official vote be held. That never happened...

I speak for myself...but I am positive I am not the only member that is completely in disagreement with site administrations choice for a moderator.

The member chosen is obviously not capable of handing the position and the authority that comes with it. He is biased towards the younger and more immature members of the board, and has proven in the few hours as moderator that he is himself not mature enough to handle his newfound authority.

Within an hour of receiving the job, he made a derogatory comment to me in this thread obviously bragging.
    Looks like your day took a turn for the worse, huh?
    Collinj, the longtime former moderator of the General forum is also outraged at the choice for moderator...TNproud2b lost posting priviledges at Collin's Website because he attacked the members of www.force3d.com to the point that he was banned.

He has already edited posts with a bias, and will continue doing so in the future. He edited Collinj's post here but didn't edit his friends post here until Collinj made a comment about it...then it was suddenly "taken care of".

Pathetic...I am sincerely disappointed that you have made no comment on any of these complaints Mr. Jarmark...and I am further disappointed that I received no response from you via email.

Sander Sassen...I would appreciate your thought on this issue as well. You have my personal email address, my ICQ number, and my work email address. I would appreciate something from you concerning your opinion of the choice.

Anxiously awaiting commentary,

SkySlash

"Anytime SkySlash is disappointed in you - you've probably done the right thing" - Alan Vincent April 2000

---edited to say that even I can't believe how pathetic you've become..just my .02 -----

[This message has been edited by TNproud2b (edited 04-30-2000).]
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F
    Nixie tube numeric display control panel and pneumatic motherboard tray.

SS

You forgot to give them your 800 number.

I though TN gave you this support for the mod position. But now you turn this around and not support him isn't going to be too cool with some people.
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM
    14.4 DVD

Windows 95 ME

sin2 - i'm not sure i see the logic there.
    if TN supported SS, then it necessarily means SS must support TN?

anticircular reasoning?

PS: i got nothing against you, just pointing out what i see as flawed reasoning

UltraWarm Regards,
    Anuj_Himself

------------------
    Linux, Vai, Satch and Guitar.. that is the life
    Linux, Vai, Satch and Guitar.. that is the life

I vote for TNproud2b, he votes for me also, so in my opinion the best solution is to elect he and myself as co-moderators.
    -SS
    From Skyslash's quote above, he did support TN. He's just feeling left out.

Originally posted by TNproud2b:
    "Anytime SkySlash is disappointed in you - you've probably done the right thing" - Alan Vincent April 2000

---edited to say that even I can't believe how pathetic you've become..just my .02 -----
    Noted...and filed for current and future reference...

I supported him ONLY if he had a co-moderator that was on the conservative side of issues.

I made that clear...very clear!

He cannot do this by himself, he's already proven that...and at this point I DO NOT WANT the position...period!

That is my final thought...

-SS

Here's the deal. I mentioned to SS that he need some help of senior members if he wants the gig. Not just newbies facinated by his name. So SS replied to and said TN supports him and TN is not a newbie by a long shot.

You know the whole deal about mutual sponsorships. Seems the deal is off when TN got the spot.

There was no "flawed resoning". I am not even trying to reason a point. Just stating what took place.
    Intel Duron 866 mhz
    Abit KT7 Raid
    TNT Ultra 64 mb
    64 mb Ram
    WD 4.3 gb HD
    Logitech Explorer
    19" Sony TFT display
    56K Cable Modem
    Abit Floppy
    Iomega Keyboard
    [b] Meet the ladies
    12X CDROM
    14.4 DVD

Windows 95 ME

Okay TN.. you won and now I want the five bucks you promised me. Small bills only please.

New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

Originally posted by sin2:
    Here's the deal. I mentioned to SS that he need some help of senior members if he wants the gig. Not just newbies facinated by his name. So SS replied to and said TN supports him and TN is not a newbie by a long shot.

That is completely incorrect and false. TN and I discussed this over email, not in a forum, and I based my decision on his email, not on any of your comments to me.

-SS

PS, SkySlash you've got 10 minutes to remove your ridiculous post from the forum I moderate or I will "help you out with it", so to speak.

It offends me, and I'm a member here too.
    There's a link for this Feedback forum at the top of every page - if anyone is interested in what you've got to say, I imagine they'll click that link at the top of any given page.

9 minutes left...
    P4 2.8@4.0 dual R134A phase change chillers with 600watt thermoelectric array. Capable of -70F

Another fine example of inability to be neutral.

No TN...go ahead, I encourage you to abuse your authority...I'll just post it again...and you can delete it again...and by the way, I've got every thread that you've ignored the language in saved to disk...including that one above...

I like to keep records of people proving my points for me.

-SS

my watch was a little fast...

the next time I see a post in the 'Off Topic' forum with its sole purpose in life being to inflame or voice disrespect to anyone - I will give it the same kind of 'help' I just gave your post.

There has to be a limit, and now you know what it is.

And now you've abused your authority...

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/000438.html

My original post said:
    I would appreciate it if everyone would click on this link and share your thoughts with site administration.

Thank You,

SkySlash
    Nothing offensive, nothing derogatory...and I have a copy of the original page if anyone wants to dispute that.

Contgratulations TN, you just screwed yourself...

Good job there and thanks for playing...Next!

-SS

[This message has been edited by SkySlash (edited 04-30-2000).]

SS... contrary to what you beleive... you
    are not really a legend... its only in your own mind.

Rich

------------------
    Done.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    New Hardware Central
    members homepage
    http://www.hwcpics.totalserve.co.uk/
    Formally known as Rich3077

Thread Information