HWC
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HWC

Hybrid View

HWC

Uh-oh. I thought things were getting back to normal here. I hope this new forum doesnt become a ***** forum. I havent participated in the discussions about the problems here because I deal with that enough at my job. I come here because it is enjoyable but it hasnt been lately. The site seems to be getting things back in order and I hope this forum is deleted promptly.

Thanks for adding the software forum and for getting moderators that care about their forums. Hopefully all other issues will be resolved as well and HOPEFULLY the staff will continue to resolve issues that come up in the future.

This really is a great site!! It's a review site with a twist, the forums. I enjoy the reviews and I keep coming back because of the forums. I think that was the point of this site. So please dont forget about the forums.

Since this new forum was created for suggestions, I do have a couple. For one the discussions page is no longer in alphabetical order. Its a stupid complaint I know but I was used to the position of Cases, Cooling and Overclocking. Lastly, I wanted to mention SETI. I know the site is aware of SETI because there is a HWC SETI group. My suggestion is for HWC to become a sponsor. It is amazing how popular SETI has become. There are almost 2 million SETI@home users!! What better way to increase site traffic than to have a small link to SETI saying something like "HWC supports SETI". WOW, imagine how many people would come across HWC just by doing a search for SETI. OH, one more thing. I joined the members SETI group because the people were from HWC, no other reason. I can not agree with the change that was made today.

[This message has been edited by MasterMind (edited 02-15-2000).]
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

Umm...2 billion SETI users? I think it's more like 2 million...

------------------
    Close Windows and Open Doors.

"There are only two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

oops......

MasterMind:

I see your point about this forum and we will try to keep it from going this direction. The problem we face is that a lot of people say they have problems getting in touch with us about problems, suggestions. So there was a general concensus from the HardwareCentral staff as well as some forum members to create this forum as a way for us to keep in touch with you guys about what you need or want. The plan is to make sure everything runs smoothly so it doesn't become a place to complain

About SETI, suggestion noted. I think there are some neat things we may be able to do with SETI and the forums/HWC. We could set up teams within HWC to compete for prizes, set up a unified team and have competition with other sites, etc. We'll look into some possibilities and keep you guys in the loop

Thanks for your feedback.

------------------
    Jeff Tseng
    jtseng@hardwarecentral.com
    HardwareCentral
    Jeff Tseng
    HardwareCentral

You're Welcome and Thank You.

I was just imagining all the issues brought up recently being rehashed here. I know HWC is now trying to fix many problems and I think people will begin to support HWC again as the problems are fixed.

One thing that I have not seen a response to is the screen name problem. My account was deleted when the site was down in the beginning of January but I was able to re-create my name. There are others that have had similar problems but have not been able to re-create theirs. What progress has been made on this issue?

MasterMind:
    Is this the case for many people? I was not exactly aware of this problem. I thought most of these problems with usernames and passwords were fixed already. Did they try getting their passwords sent to them? If there aren't a lot of people, I guess you can e-mail Michael Jarmark and he should be able to tell them more or get it fixed. He's the technical guy behind the forums.

------------------
    Jeff Tseng
    HardwareCentral
    Jeff Tseng
    HardwareCentral

See how great this forum is already MasterMind?
    You are actually able to communicate with someone of power at Hardware Central and get an answer.
    I think it's a good idea.

ummm....maybe they are fixed or maybe we dont know because they cant post.

Speak up if you are still having a problem. E-mail me if you cant post.

And yeah GREGORY, maybe not such a bad idea after all.

Thread Information