case windows and lights
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: case windows and lights

case windows and lights

Does anyone have any opinions on these things? Are they easy to install? Worth the money?

?
    They are for aesthetics only.

------------------
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

OK. Another question. Do they really look as good as they do in the catalogs?

I haven't modified my own case yet, but I would have thought the fun would be in designing and installing your own windows and lights, not just buying something off the shelf. The whole object of it is surely to create a unique case which no-one else has.

windows are designed for purple mobos, huge gold heatsinks and round cables...lights are desingned for use with subwoofers
    We do precision guesswork.

Do they give off a lot of heat? Will I have to put in more fans?

Originally posted by n8gee8:
    Does anyone have any opinions on these things? Are they easy to install? Worth the money?
    dude go to my new website and check out the pics of my pc which i have just recently finished modding. post a message in my forum and ill get back to you.
    cheers
    Sirius1982
    www.coolgear.netfirms.com

------------------
    Sirius
    Sirius

Do you want somthing to look at or use, my opinion is your money would be better spent upgrading your pc's hardware. Unless you have money to blow do both
    imac intel cor 2 duo
    Nw8000
    Winxp
    Ebay seller Buy-2-Sell
    Heatware $ponge

go over to the cases, cooling, and overclocking forum and ask to see some photos and how they did their cases

could a moderator please move this thread to cases, cooling, and overclocking forum?

thanx

Windows are pretty cheap and easy to install. The lights are pretty expensive though. The best deal I have found is a window kit for $9 +$5 S&H here:
    http://www.bestbyte.net/

I added a 4 small lights I got from Radeo Shack for $4 total. They work pretty good to light the case in dim lighting, but that is it (plus half of them burned out in about 6 months). I cut the hole with a jig-saw. Pretty easy and took only about 30 minutes to do. I have the same window kit in both of my computers, but I added a blowhole in one window with an 80mm fan and a chrome fan guard (purchased at same website for $3 and $1.75).

Windows on computers get lots of attension from most people. They just look cool. The only problem is you must clean the dust out regularely.

------------------
    AthlonXP 1600+ 1.65v 42'C
    FOP32-1 Mod w/80mm 30db
    Epox 8KHA+ KT266A
    256MB Crucial DDR266 cas2
    GeForce2 GTS (210/410)
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Antec SX-630 Case (mod'd)
    TTGI TT-350-SS 370w PS
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

sounds cool... I just saw a tool in the Cyberguys catalog that is specially made to do case mods... I wonder how well that works.

Thread Information