Solution for bad CASE switch???????? ATX
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Solution for bad CASE switch???????? ATX

Solution for bad CASE switch???????? ATX

I have a brand new case that I bought a long time ago, and had stored in the closet. Well it was a micro-atx, and couldnt use it, now i found a micro-atx athlon mobo, ECS k7sem. To make a long story short. Installed everything in the case, and NOTHING, no power, ZIP.....think I have traced it back to a bad case switch, doesnt click when pushed in.....well, I took it out, looked at it, doesnt appear to engage.....
    MY question is, where can someone buy a new plunger type switch????? on a atx case, if the switch doesnt work, no power to the mobo.....
    ANY ideas????? Can I just the power swtich on the mobo???? if so, that might work, but then will have to unplug everytime i want to shut the computer down.....
    ?????????????

thanks for any input.
    Cy

any electronics shop, but how about using the reset switch instead? just means that to reset, you have to power off, but no problem there.

------------------
    Next time you wave, use all your fingers.

CALV

This sig In memory of my kid sister, Mandy. Died 14-8-02 aged 30.
    Murdered for nothing at all by Louise Berry

CALV

Excellant Idea CALV......did as u suggested, bingie, bangie, bongo, and viola......it works,. Thanks for the gr8 idea......
    amazing how the little things can stop the whole show from working.....
    BUT, think i will go look for another switch later, just didnt think any place would carry cases switchs....

Thanks Again,
    Cy

maybe its just the button thats not making full contact? on a atx its only a momentary action so im sure you could fix it, even if it meant 2 nails and a bit of tinfoil on the back of the button

------------------
    Next time you wave, use all your fingers.

CALV

This sig In memory of my kid sister, Mandy. Died 14-8-02 aged 30.
    Murdered for nothing at all by Louise Berry

CALV

Go to a local computer shop and see if you can sway someone to let you pilfer a switch from an old case ...

Just pop the switch out and rip it abart and fix it. They are usually pretty simple in design. If it does not work then get a switch from Radeo Shack and slap the old button onto it.

------------------
    AthlonXP 1600+ 1.65v 42'C
    FOP32-1 Mod w/80mm 30db
    Epox 8KHA+ KT266A
    256MB Crucial DDR266 cas2
    GeForce2 GTS (210/410)
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Antec SX-630 Case (mod'd)
    TTGI TT-350-SS 370w PS
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information