Anodizing... Anyone know a good source?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anodizing... Anyone know a good source?

You know, I've seen some damn long descriptions of where people live, and I was just wondering how freakin' long of a location they actually allow you to write in here. Looks like it's quite a bit. Oh well, if the space is here I'll use it!!! :)

Anodizing... Anyone know a good source?

As I posted in this thread, I'm having a custom aluminum case built. The material is on the way, and hopefully it will be done with fabrication in a month or so.

I've done a little looking for places that do anodizing in the past, and didn't come up with anything really great. I need black anodizing... not the easiest color to do.

I've fooled with doing it myself (there are tons of self-anodizing resources and references out there) and just had no luck. We tried it on dozens of aluminum parts, and couldn't get a decent color saturation, no how matter how long we left the anodizing process going. I don't think I even want to attempt black.

So... I've seen here and there over the years where people have had waterblocks and such anodized by small job shops, or good "do-it-yourselfers", but I can't seem to find any.

I think you know what I'm looking for... someone or someplace that does small quantities for a good price, not an anodizing company that has a $500 minimum order, and another $350 for color.

Suggestions?

------------------
    Only 30,000 to 40,000 genes in an Einstein, a Michael Jordan, or a Bach? Boy, can that God guy write tight code or what? - David Rudloff
    Off Topic Central - Owned and Operated by HWC members

IMO, Mr. Derek Smart is a hypocrite: Only someone who is either (a) lying (b) ashamed of their products (c) just plain ashamed, would hestitate to give out some simple and straight forward information. - Derek Smart, Ph.D.

www.pkselective.com does killer ano. they are based out of cali and do the factory ano on quite a few high end paintball guns, as well as many other things. They are fairly expensive...but you could e-mail them and maybe work something out if you just want simple colors. They can do fades/splashes and fades with reverse splashes...they also have some killer pictures at their site. Suggest you take a look.

------------------
    AXIA T-Bird 1ghz @ 1425mhz w/ Taisol 760CGK
    Iwill KK266-R
    Crucial Cas2 384mb @ 150mhz
    Leadtek GF2 Pro @ 215/415
    2x 20gig 60GXP Raid0
    KDS Avitron 17in
    2500+ Barton @ 2.2ghz (200x11)
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0
    Alpha 8045
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    2x 512mb Corsair XMS pc3200