New Case
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New Case

New Case

Hey all,

I'm thinking about replacing my old generic case with a brand new Enermax CS-003-A102 and an Enermax EG-301P-VB, 300w PSU. The case looks great and has a lot of features that my current case doesn't. (i.e. better ventilation, space for more fans etc. etc.) Anyway, I was wondering if y'all would mind answering a couple of questions to help me make sure I'm making the right decision.

First of all, I've heard that Enermax makes great powersupplies, but I haven't heard much about their cases. Do they have a good reputation?

Second, any problems with the EG-301P-VB? Everyone that I've talked to seems to think it is a good PSU, but have any of you had a bad experience with them?

Third, I'm probably going to order from NewEgg.com. Any comments on them? Any one have any experience with them?

Thank all, I really appreciate your help.

------------------
    ECS K7S5A
    Athlon 1.4 Ghz
    256mb Crucial DDR
    VisonTek GeForce3 Ti 200 @ 200/450
    SoundBlaster Live! MP3+
    Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
    ECS K7S5A
    Athlon 1.4 Ghz
    256mb Crucial DDR
    VisonTek GeForce3 Ti 200 @ 200/450
    SoundBlaster Live! MP3+
    Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I just bought an Enermax Whisper PSU and it's awesome. Antec also make good PSU's though...so they are an alternative for you if you need one (Best Buy carries Antec PSU's...atleast mine does).

I also just bought a new case. I'm not sure which company actually makes it but both chenming, chieftec, and antec all market it with a different PSU. It is most commenly known as the antec 1030/1040 series SOHO file server case. It has nice cages for 4 80mm fans and the fan guards are not restrictive as others tend to be. Also has drive rails, and 2 removable 3.5 inch drive racks w/ 3 drives each. The whole case is aweosme and I would recomend it over that enermax case. I believe you can get the chieftec version for $59+18 at www.newegg.com w/ a cheepo PSU. You can also get the antec 1030 series which comes with an antec 300watt psu and 2 case fans for $88+18 also at www.newegg.com

Um...and as for newegg...the only thing they ever screwed up on my order is they added an extra hard drive for free by accident. I guess they saw that I ordered a raid board and thought I would be upset with the single HDD I ordered. So they gave me a free one...lol

------------------
    AXIA T-Bird 1ghz @ 1425mhz w/ Taisol 760CGK
    Iwill KK266-R
    Crucial Cas2 384mb @ 150mhz
    Leadtek GF2 Pro @ 215/415
    2x 20gig 60GXP Raid0
    KDS Avitron 17in
    2500+ Barton @ 2.2ghz (200x11)
    Abit NF7-S rev2.0
    Alpha 8045
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    2x 512mb Corsair XMS pc3200
    2x 120gb WD-SE HDDs
    Enermax 431w Whipser
    Lian Li pc61-usb

Really like the Enermax cases. Just built a couple of systems one using an Enermax case/PS, the other a no name case/PS. The Enermax won hands down. I didn't have to beat up the Enermax case to get covers to fit and lock. Easy disassembly also. No problems with the Enermax 300W supply.

New Egg is great to deal with. Fast shipping. Fed-ex is another issue. Except for Crucial DDR memory, prices at New Egg are hard to beat. Just bought an Epox 8KHA+ (refurb OEM)from New Egg for $69. It came as a full retail package. Saved $30. Check out their refurbished stuff.

Good luck!
    AMD Athlon II X4
    Asus M4A785TD-EVO
    Antec Earthwatts 500 Watt
    4 GB GSkill DDR3 1333
    320 GB Maxtor IDE
    1-500 GB WD SATA
    Asus 52X SATA DVD
    Win 7 64

Between those 2, which one is more cheaper? Enermax or Sparkle?

I bought a Apex 100-G2-P4 case for $43 from Googlegear. Came with a 300w power supply. It is called a super case. I have seen the same case with other companies name on it. I found it very easy to install within and it has very good cooling. I studied it for a while after I had received it and decided it was a near perfect design, very simple. The 2 side panels come of or rinstall easily. Prior to this case I had a much more expensive Enlight case. I liked it. The mobo was on a hinged panel that was removable and had removable tray for 3 hard drives and cdroms snapped in. The Apex case you just uses screws to mount cdrom & drives. The Apex case design is simpler and better.

------------------
    Technology increases at a parabolic curve upward.
    Technology increases at a parabolic curve upward.

Thread Information